Classic Italy May 4/Anniversary dinner

Hello fellow travelers! Just wondering if anyone else is going on the Classic Italy tour on May 4. It is our first time with Tauck and first time to Italy! We have a free night on May 5th, which is our anniversary. Any ideas on a restaurant to celebrate. We'll be in Sorrento.

Comments

• Hello Sandy,

Congrats on your anniversary. My wife and I will be on the Classic Italy trip beginning on May 18th. Our travel agent just emailed us today with dinner reservations on the 19th at Ristorante Bagni Delfino in Sorrento. She made this reservation for us based on reviews from some of her clients. The restaurant has good reviews on TripAdvisor, if that means anything, is on the water and I believe is about a mile from your hotel. It looks like the specialty at the restaurant is seafood, if that appeals to you. A quick Google search on the restaurant will provide you with more information. Have a great trip and anniversary dinner where ever you end up dining.

John
  • Hello John,

My wife and I are also on the May 18 Classic Italy tour, and arrive on Tuesday, May 17. The Ristornte Bagni Delfino in Sorrento looks really good, can we join you for dinner there on the 19th?

-Bill
  • edited April 2016
    Hi Sandy,
    Congratulations. My husband and I are also going on the May 4th tour. It is our first Tauck tour and first time in Italy also. I am not sure what to pack. Is your husband taking a jacket and are you bringing any dresses? Please let me know what type of clothing you are taking. I would appreciate any advice. We will be arriving on May 3rd and staying at the same hotel. When will you be arriving? What sites can you suggest around or in Sorrento for our first day? On our second day we will be going to the Isle of Capri.

Sharon
  • Sandy: We got back yesterday from Classic Italy -- so fabulous! We had dinner at the Michelin-starred restaurant in the Excelsior Hotel where you are staying in Sorrento, and it was lovely. Be shameless about telling them it is your anniversary -- they put us in a little side room with a great picture window view of the bay.

Sharon: My husband was glad he had taken a jacket, as it was appropriate in a few of the restaurants. There were very few dresses.

You are all going to have such a great time! It was our first group tour, as well as our first Tauck, and it could not have been better.
  • shazbo wrote:
    Hi Sandy,
    Congratulations. My husband and I are also going on the May 4th tour. It is our first Tauck tour and first time in Italy also. I am not sure what to pack. Is your husband taking a jacket and are you bringing any dresses? Please let me know what type of clothing you are taking. I would appreciate any advice. We will be arriving on May 3rd and staying at the same hotel. When will you be arriving? What sites can you suggest around or in Sorrento for our first day? On our second day we will be going to the Isle of Capri.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

So happy to meet someone who is going on our tour!! My husband is packing a jacket. We are taking a variety of clothes, mostly comfortable ones and i am bringing comfortable dresses for night time. We are also arriving on May 3rd at 1200 Naples time. We have no plans for that first day, just soak it all in I guess. Maybe we'll see you at the hotel! We'll also see you at the welcome dinner that night, I'll be looking for you. I'm so excited! Sandy
  • Hi Sandy,
    Our flight is arriving at 11:35 am. Naples time on May 3rd. We might look around Sorrento that day. There are a few sights that I don't think the tour is taking us too. After I read your post I realized we may need reservations for dinner. We originally made a reservation at the Ristorante Bagni Delfino for that Thursday night. We had also heard about Don Alfonso 1890. This restaurant is closed on Tuesday so we switched our reservations around. We are going to the Ristorante Bagni Delfino on Tuesday night and Don Alfonso 1890 on Thursday night.
    We will definitely look for you when we arrive. Where are you coming from? On the day of the welcome dinner we want to go to the Isle of Capri. I don't know if we are going to go on our own or with a tour.
    Looking forward to the trip and meeting you both.
    Sharon
  • shazbo wrote:
    Hi Sandy,
    Our flight is arriving at 11:35 am. Naples time on May 3rd. We might look around Sorrento that day. There are a few sights that I don't think the tour is taking us too. After I read your post I realized we may need reservations for dinner. We originally made a reservation at the Ristorante Bagni Delfino for that Thursday night. We had also heard about Don Alfonso 1890. This restaurant is closed on Tuesday so we switched our reservations around. We are going to the Ristorante Bagni Delfino on Tuesday night and Don Alfonso 1890 on Thursday night.
    We will definitely look for you when we arrive. Where are you coming from? On the day of the welcome dinner we want to go to the Isle of Capri. I don't know if we are going to go on our own or with a tour.
    Looking forward to the trip and meeting you both.
    Sharon

Hi Sharon,

We will be arriving on Wednesday, not Tuesday! We leave on Tuesday evening from Boston and arrive at 1200 noon on Wednesday. We booked Ristorante Bagni Delfino for Thursday night, which is our anniversary and a free night after we return from the Amalfi Coast. Have fun on Capri, I wish we had booked an extra night, but I had to work. Look forward to meeting up with you both too. Ciao!

Sandy
  • Sandy: We got back yesterday from Classic Italy -- so fabulous! We had dinner at the Michelin-starred restaurant in the Excelsior Hotel where you are staying in Sorrento, and it was lovely. Be shameless about telling them it is your anniversary -- they put us in a little side room with a great picture window view of the bay.

Sharon: My husband was glad he had taken a jacket, as it was appropriate in a few of the restaurants. There were very few dresses.

You are all going to have such a great time! It was our first group tour, as well as our first Tauck, and it could not have been better.

Thank you KL!

Thank you KL!
  • JohnKS wrote:
    Hello Sandy,

Congrats on your anniversary. My wife and I will be on the Classic Italy trip beginning on May 18th. Our travel agent just emailed us today with dinner reservations on the 19th at Ristorante Bagni Delfino in Sorrento. She made this reservation for us based on reviews from some of her clients. The restaurant has good reviews on TripAdvisor, if that means anything, is on the water and I believe is about a mile from your hotel. It looks like the specialty at the restaurant is seafood, if that appeals to you. A quick Google search on the restaurant will provide you with more information. Have a great trip and anniversary dinner where ever you end up dining.

John

Hi John,

Enjoy you're trip, we're only a few days away. I booked at the Ristorante Bagni Delfino based on the reviews. We can't wait.

Ciao!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file