Options

Flood damage Cinque Terre on october 25, 2011

I was planning on taking the Tuscanny & Cinque Teere trip in June 2012 but I have read that the flooding in the Cinque Terre region on October 25th was catastrophic. Can Tauck advise what impact the flooding will have on this trip.

Comments

• Options
    Randy, I have been wondering the same thing! My husband and I would also like to go in June. The Customer Service Rep I spoke with last week knew nothing about the situation. I have also sent an email but have not received any information on how/if the itinerary may change.
  • Options
    To Tauck Tim:

Could please respond to our concerns. Thank you
  • Options
    Why don't you post this on Tauck's Facebook page. They seem to respond quicker there. Just hit on the Facebook link on their webpage.

Sheila
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone,

Recent media accounts and reports from our suppliers in the region reveal that recovery efforts are well underway. The Cinque Terre region is an extremely popular tourism destination, so local authorities, businesses and individuals are all highly motivated to ensure a prompt and complete recovery in time for the spring/summer 2012 travel season. Tauck is monitoring the recovery efforts and conditions in Cinque Terre, and we are encouraged by the progress made to date. We will continue to monitor the recovery efforts in the coming months. At present, we plan on operating all 2012 IT and VT departures as planned, with all included sightseeing and other activities.

-Tim
  • Options
    We just went through Cinque Terre a couple of weeks ago with a Tauck tour, and we purposefully skipped Vernazza and went to Montetosso al Mare instead as the Tauck director (and others) felt Vernazza had not completely recovered. Apparently, Vernazza was the usual stop and lunch destination in Cinque Terre on the Classic Italy tour. We went by boat outbound from La Spezia, and took the local back. Absolutely beautiful.
  • Options
    We completed the Tuscany / Cinque Terre trip last week, it was beautiful and there is no reason not to go! ... while there is repair work being done in the villages, particularly Vernazza ... our stay in Monterosso was spectacular. The hiking trail between Monterosso and Vernazza is open ... lots of uphill walking at the start and downhill at the end, it does provide fantastic views and well worth making the effort. View from the Porto Roco Hotel is spectacular
This discussion has been closed.