Classic Italy Small Group May, 15, 2016

We are excited about our upcoming trip to Italy. It will be our first Tauck trip. We are from Rhode Island, and are looking for suggestions on appropriate clothing to bring for evening wear? Has anyone been on this trip prior?

Bob and Carol

Comments

• edited April 2016
    We are excited about our upcoming trip to Italy. It will be our first Tauck trip. We are from Rhode Island, and are looking for suggestions on appropriate clothing to bring for evening wear? Has anyone been on this trip prior?

Bob and Carol

Hi Bob & Carol

It appears we are on the same trip. This will be our fourth Tauck tour. They are really a great company.
    Once you go Tauck , you don't go back ????
    People typically dress up for the welcome and farewell dinner. Some men wear ties and a jacket or slacks with a blazer. Women will wear anything from a cocktail dress to a nice after 5 oiutfit with a splash of jewelry.
    Other times , for dinner , it's just smart casual. Men will wear slacks and a shirt , no jeans. Women will wear slacks and a nice shirt or a casual dress.
    I hope that helps you figure out what to pack. People are really nice on the trips and don't get too " fussy " about dressing up. That's been our experience.

Looking forward to meeting you both. It will be a wonderful trip !

Gene & Monica from Texas
  • I am on the Classic Italy Small Group tour beginning May 15 too. I am traveling with a friend, Marcia. We're from the Boulder, Colorado area. We are very excited! It's my first time in Italy. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Debbie Pink
  • edited April 2016
    Hello Debbie & Marcia
    Our trip is coming quick ! It's going to be great. Italy is amazing.
    See you soon ????

Monica
  • We are excited about our Small Tour of Italy in May. Packing always stressful - lots of walking - are sneakers OK? I keep reading about wearing appropriate leather walking shoes. Any thoughts?
  • If you want to try to blend in with the locals, you won't want to wear sneakers, it screams American tourist.
  • edited April 2016
    NAllen wrote:
    We are excited about our Small Tour of Italy in May. Packing always stressful - lots of walking - are sneakers OK? I keep reading about wearing appropriate leather walking shoes. Any thoughts?

Hello NAllen
    Are you on the May 15th tour ?
    My husband and I both wear sneakers during the day of walking. While on tour we have the guides whisper device in our ears, a backpack and I have my huge camera around my neck. We scream tourist ! Lol ????
    No way for us to walk that much without our sneakers. Dress for comfort by all means. Save your nice shoes for a dinner out. That's what we do anyway ???? Happy Trails

Monica
  • We are excited about our upcoming trip to Italy. It will be our first Tauck trip. We are from Rhode Island, and are looking for suggestions on appropriate clothing to bring for evening wear? Has anyone been on this trip prior?

Bob and Carol
    We will be arriving a day early. Anyone interested in renting a boat to travel around the island of Capri? Perhaps Tauck has a recommendation on a company?
  • Robert: when we were on Tauck's Capri trip we took a boat ride (just the 2 of us) around the island with our own captain. it was absolutely magical!! we had gotten to the wharf too late to get on a tour boat..well, luck happens! they were still there on the dock and we were able to go out for an hour all around Capri!! we didn't do the Blue Grotto ,but were taken to other grottos, We still talk about this boat trip! $$ was a bit more than the regular tour boats, but not that much. Enjoy Capri: it is gorgeous! Hope this helps. FYI: when you arrive at the dock, you will see many tour companies..just enquirer..Sailorguy
  • Many thanks!
  • NAllen wrote:
    We are excited about our Small Tour of Italy in May. Packing always stressful - lots of walking - are sneakers OK? I keep reading about wearing appropriate leather walking shoes. Any thoughts?

We will be wearing sneakers during the day. Comfort is imperative. I have a friend that just got back from Italy and she said that all the tourists wear sneakers. What are the dates of your trip? We are on the May 15 one.
  • We are also arriving a day early and are thinking of taking the ferry to Positano.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file