July 10 2016 Rhine Trip

Hi All

We were on the Danube River trip during Summer 2014. Looking forward to a repeat performance on he Rhine!

We are from New England. Our kids are Katie (16) and Nick (15). Both love to travel and looking forward to meeting some new friends.

Any one else out there signed up for this week?

Leslie & Dave

Comments

• My husband and I are also traveling on the July 10 Rhine trip. It is our first river cruise. We are from Gaithersburg, MD. Look forward to meeting you!
  • edited March 2016
    We will be going on the July 10, 2016 Castles on the Rhine cruise too. It will be myself, my husband and 13-14 year old son. He will be turning 14 on the cruise, hence the age range. It will be our first river cruise and we are looking forward to this trip, as well! We are from South Carolina but transplanted from New England.
  • cheryl where are you from in New England? We live in Rhode Island.... Our son (who is 15) will be happy to know there is another boy on this trip. We went on the Danube trip and there were a handful, but there were a LOT of girls (which made my daughter happy :) Cant wait!
  • Just called to confirm how many kids we have going - there are 48 kids - 21 Boys and 27 Girls

General makeup was:
    Boys - 20, 18 x2, 17, 16, 15 x2, 14 x3, and a bunch younger ones
    Girls - 19, 18, 17, 14 X3, and a bunch of younger ones

Hope I got these numbers right...(I my have flip flopped them) but you get the general idea...

Should be enough kids for everyone to have a good time :)
  • edited March 2016
    We have a large group traveling. Grandparents and two families. My husband and I have two daughters - 9 and 11 (almost 12 on the trip). My brother and sister-in-law have three children - girl that is 20, boy that is 18, girl that is 13. My family is from Greensboro, NC. The rest of the crew is from Lincoln, NE. We can't wait for an exciting week and then a couple of weeks exploring other parts of Europe.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Hi. We will be on the July 10th Rhine trip with my two daughters, Megan (13) and Elizabeth (12) and their grandparents. Looking forward to meeting you. We are from Marietta, GA, near Atlanta.
  • cheryl where are you from in New England? We live in Rhode Island.... Our son (who is 15) will be happy to know there is another boy on this trip. We went on the Danube trip and there were a handful, but there were a LOT of girls (which made my daughter happy :) Cant wait!

Originally from Massachusetts. My family lived in Smithfield, Rhode Island for a couple of years, however. I was 7-8 years old.
  • My husband, mom, and two kids (girl - age 9 and boy - age 7) are looking forward to our trip. We live in Raleigh, NC, and my mom is in Muncie, IN.
  • edited April 2016
    Hi there! We are traveling from Arkansas--our daughter is 13, and our son is 10. Excited to be first time river cruisers, and the kids are pumped that there will be other kiddos along for the fun!
  • Hi! We are excited about the Rhine adventure. My husband and I are traveling with three 14 yo boys and my mother. It should be a great time. We live in Omaha, NE. Can't wait to meet the family from Lincoln, NE!
  • Six of us from San Antonio TX -- Grandparents, son, daughter-in-law, grandchildren boy 9 & girl 11. YEAH!
  • Hey there, We are excited to be on this trip too. We are from NC and our 12 yr old daughter will be traveling with us. I'm excited to see some other girls her age will be on the cruise. We have never done a group tour or river cruise, so looking forward to trying something new. Spending 3 days in Venice before taking a train to Basel the day before departure, then spending a couple of extra days in Amsterdam at the end.
  • dcheryl wrote:
    We will be going on the July 10, 2016 Castles on the Rhine cruise too. It will be myself, my husband and 13-14 year old son. He will be turning 14 on the cruise, hence the age range. It will be our first river cruise and we are looking forward to this trip, as well! We are from South Carolina but transplanted from New England.

Looking forward to meeting you. We (the grandparents) are traveling with our two grandchildren. Katie 14 years and Jeremy 13. This trip will be our first river cruise as well. Are you staying in the pre cruise hotel in Basal?
  • We are not staying in Basal the night before as we will be traveling within Europe a couple of weeks prior to the cruise. I hope it is nice hotel, though. I am getting really excited about this cruise and can't wait to meet everyone.
  • We will be leaving Thursday, so staying in Basel for 2 nights prior. Anybody else going to be around? Does anyone have some ideas on things to do (besides get over jet lag) that won't replicate the Tauck itinerary in Basel?

And then in Amsterdam for the week after on a houseboat...

Our Son Nick (15) and Daughter Katie (16) really looking forward to this :)

• LeslieDavid - we are going to be arriving in Basel around 1:00 the day before. We may need to do a little laundry, but hope to do some exploring around Basel. Here's what is on my list of possibilities:

Explore Old Town/ Markplatz
    Old cable ferry to cross Rhine - 4 cross points
    Museum Jean Tinquely - fun sculpture & fountain
    Museum fur pferdestarken - Carriage, sleigh & dog carts
    Spielzeug welten museum - toys
    Musikmuseum - instruments
    Munster Cathedral
    Vitro Design Museum & Vitra slide - about 25 min away in Weil an Rhein, Germany

We are also staying in Amsterdam for a couple of extra days on a houseboat on the Prinsengracht canal. Our daughter is 12. Should be fun!
  • Thanks for that list Jan - I haven't had a chance to really figure Basel out. I did hear there are lots of easy great day trips from here too.

Funny that you had the same idea for Amsterdam - we are staying on a houseboat on the Amstel near Rembrandtplein

Cant wait!
  • So in accordance with the annual French Air Traffic controller strike, like clock work they are starting up again. You might want to check your flights if booked thru Paris

>>>>An Industrial Action by French Air Traffic Controllers may impact travel to/from Orly (ORY) and French regions operated by Air France.<<<<
  • Looking forward to the trip. Six of us from Bethesda, MD and Ft. Myers, FL traveling. Grandparents, Jerry and Carol. Mark and Melissa. And our two girls, Evan (14) and Jessie (12).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file