November polar bear trip

Heading out on polar bear trip in beginning of November. For those that have been on trip, what do people suggest for shoes?
Thanks

Comments

• When I did this tour, I wore LL Bean snow sneakers which were just above my ankle. My friend just had regular low winter boots. You definitely need something with traction in case there is some ice and snow. Be sure to have warm socks. This does not relate to shoes but I also had invested in wind pants to wear over my jeans. This is a great tour.
  • We signed up for the Nov 6 tour. Are we also likely to see the Northern Lights?
  • Ed Cox wrote:
    We signed up for the Nov 6 tour. Are we also likely to see the Northern Lights?

Seeing the Northern Lights depends on the weather. When I was there in 2010, it was overcast most of the day but by late afternoon, it started to clear. That evening the sky was clear enough and we did see the Northern Lights. I was there the beginning of November. This is one of my favorite tours so I hope it will be yours also.
  • edited April 2017
    Ed Cox wrote:
    We signed up for the Nov 6 tour. Are we also likely to see the Northern Lights?

We were there early November last year and saw beautiful northern lights 2 nights in Churchill.
    Enjoyed the polar bears very much. Took wind pants but never needed them. Wore boots with good tread.
    Had fun dogsledding.
    One of our favorite trips.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file