Options

London Paris Tour May 8th, 2016

I've read the suggestions for packing for this trip with the emphasis on casual, comfortable clothes. I'm still a little confused about the need for a sport jacket on this tour. Can someone give me a little more information on this subject? Is there anyone else signed up for this tour?

Comments

• Options
    Hi molarman,

Which trip are you talking about? A Week in London and Paris? Or a different one?
  • Options
    Hi Molarman!

I am booked on the London to Paris tour starting October 1st.

I have reviewed the documents from Tauck and it states that "most evenings, resort casual attire is perfectly acceptable. However, you may enjoy dressing up a bit for our welcome and farewell dinners. A sport coat with or without a tie for men, and a cocktail dress for women are appropriate, and they may also be suitable for other nights during your journey."

Also, on the list of suggested items, it states:

Sport coat for men (suggested, but not required) and slacks/dress for women for evening wear.

I wish others would comment on this tour as I posted questions for my upcoming trip in another post, but no replies. :-(

I'm not sure if I'm answering your questions, but will be able to when I return from my trip in just over a month!
  • Options
    When I think of resort casual, I usually think of light floaty clothing that you might wear in the Caribbean. If you start your tour on May 8th, the first thing that comes to mind is that temperatures in the mornings and until about 11am or so and once the sun goes down will be pretty cool, that will influence anything that you decide to wear. It is such a short trip that you only need one or two dressy things for the entire trip, with a nice jacket for a woman, purely for warmth, a fleece will not cut it for the evening. For a man, purely for temperature alone on the evening, a jacket rather than a sweatshirt or fleece, though a nice sweater would be acceptable over a smart dress shirt. I refer the London to Paris land tour.