Options

Classic Italy small Groups October 11 trip

Hi All,
We are on the October 11 trip and really looking forward to it! Does anyone have suggestions for "free time" activities that we should pursue? Also, any clothing tips for the October time would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Anyone out there? Looking for "free time activities" that people would recommend in Sorrento, Rome, florence and venice. Any great sights, shops, restaurants, experiences that people have found on previous trips?
  • Options
    In Rome if you want to do the Roman Forum ask the TD. The Coliseum ticket is a combo and several of us went in as group and saw it for free. On the other free afternoon we walked back to hotel after nice lunch from pantheon, to Trevi fountain and up the Spanish Steps.

Venice I recommend exploring tourist are in early morning before crowds and after walk non-tourist areas. I fell in love with Venice without the crowds. Going back this coming spring and I plan to do tour of the islands for glass and lace.

Florence make sure you go into the Baptistery. We found it amazing. Was not able to do the church do to shorts, but the peak we got looked amazing. We did museum behind church that has the original door of Baptistery.

I used Rick Steves travel book for several restaurants and was not disappointed. The ones the TD will give you are from recommendations of past guests and you will probably not go wrong with those either.

Enjoy was a great trip. If you go to Capri do research. Other than the boat tour I took that included the grotto, I pretty much wasted my afternoon with not knowing where to go. Also, make sure you get tickets for the fast boat both ways.