Options

Question for TAUK

I would like to know how to send some photos of themselves to the tour directors from my July 2nd Budapest to Amsterdam cruise.

Thx

Rudy

Comments

• Options
    If your TD shared his company (or personal) email address with you (some do and some don't) you can send photos attached to an email. Just remember, most Internet providers limit the file sizes of email attachments, so you may only be able to send two or three hi-res photos per email.

Another other option is to post them on a photo hosting website like Flickr or Google's Picassa (Picassa Web Albums) and give access to your TD. If you provide his email address, Picassa will send him an email announcement with a link to the photos. Just be aware, they may not be in full high resolution. Picassa limits the resolution to 800 X 800 unless you have Google+ which allows 2048 X 2048. For comparison, the resolution of a photo taken with my 12 MP Canon Xsi DSLR is roughly 4000 X 3000 while photos shot with my 18 MP Canon SL1 are roughly 5200 X 3400, if any of that means anything to you. You can also post and share photos on Facebook.

I just don't know if Tauck customer service will forward emails with photos- they may not do it or their system might block large emails.
  • Options
    No Alan emails were not exchanged. I have no problem attaching docs or jpgs to emails. I also do not subscribe to any hosting sites. When I send jpgs via email I usually reduce the size down to under 500kb for easier transmission.

So hopefully someone from Tauk will step in to help out.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    RGM2 wrote:
    No Alan emails were not exchanged. I have no problem attaching docs or jpgs to emails. I also do not subscribe to any hosting sites. When I send jpgs via email I usually reduce the size down to under 500kb for easier transmission.

So hopefully someone from Tauk will step in to help out.

I see no harm in you calling Tauck directly to see if they can forward photos for you, or you can email Tauck directly. Or you could even try entering your photos in the Tauck photo competition, it always intrigues me how they chose the winning photos. Maybe they might respond more positively if you spell the company name correctly TAUCK!
    Tauck has flipped and flopped on their collecting group emails policies. Early on they would have no part in soliciting emails, the group had to initiate it, then the tour director would help print it. Then that changed and they actively got emails from everyone who wanted to partake. Then on our last tour, the rules had changed again and I think they could not help at all. A few us us made exchanges.
  • Options
    If you mail them to Tauck with your tour info they will probably forward them. I was on tour once and did that and heard back from the TD.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    RGM2 wrote:
    I would like to know how to send some photos of themselves to the tour directors from my July 2nd Budapest to Amsterdam cruise.

Thx

Rudy

Hi RGM2,

If you want to send them to me, I will be more than happy to pass them along for you. You can email your photos to social@tauck.com or snail mail them to me at:

Tauck Emily
    10 Norden Place
    Norwalk, CT 06855

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hi RGM2,

If you want to send them to me, I will be more than happy to pass them along for you. You can email your photos to social@tauck.com or snail mail them to me at:
    Tauck Emily
    10 Norden Place
    Norwalk, CT 06855
    Hope this helps,
    Emily

Thank you Emily, just the info I was looking for.

british, on our cruise we were asked to fill out a questionnaire and at the bottom of it you were asked if you wanted to share your email address. There were only about 20+ people who chose to do so.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Interesting what you say about the email on your cruise. I have never taken a Tauck River cruise. My last land tour was in Febraury and we were all told that email lists were No longer encouraged because of privacy issues I think it was, or maybe it was abuse of the email list being used for solicitation. Either rules have changed again or the tour directors say what they like, after all, it's a lot of work for them to take this list and photocopy it for everyone. If people want to exchange emails with each other, it's easy enough to ask. Let's face it, of the hundreds of Tauck travelers we have met we have been in contact with a few and even met up with one couple but generally we get few people who live in our state who are on the tours, so of course meeting up would be a process for a couple who is not retired like us, any vacation time to do that is more likely to be on another Tauck tour. It was good that Emily got back to you so quickly!