Options

Cheap international calls from Canada?

I am travelling in Canada, can anyone suggest cheap international calls service provider other than www.dcalling.com. Thanks in advance.
regards,

Kesha

Comments

• Options
    Hello, Kesha,
    I just returned from a safari in Africa.. I have an iPhone, and iPad. I put both in airplane mode for the entire trip. Used wifi connection at the hotels we were at, and used FaceTime to call people back home for free. Of course, the people you call need to have iPhone or other apple products, too.
    I called my 90 year old Mom--and as well as talking to her, I was able to show her the hotels we stayed at along the way. It made her less apprehensive about me being halfway around the world.
    Hope that will work for you.
    Joanie
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    On same lines... I used the Comcast xfinity app last year when in Italy & used the free wifi at hotel or restaurant & placed a phone call through the app (I believe it is voip) & talked to people back home. Just remember the real life quality is not as great as it should be & Europe/hotel "high speed" wifi is nowhere near what we have at home. I have 100Mpbps down & 20 Up - traveling lucky to see the 1.5 & they call that high speed.

• Options
    This may be redundant by now, but there is always SKYPE over WiFi !

Just pay a few bucks for international calling and you can call phone numbers instead of selected iPad or whatever users.
  • Options
    Use Viber . Viber to Viber is always free! from anywhere around the world.