Options

Fires in British Columbia

I am on the Grand Canadian Rockies tour in a few weeks. I am concerned, after hearing news, about the wild fires in British Columbia effecting the air quality in Vancouver. Does anyone who has recently returned from Western Canada wish to give first hand information on their experience.

Comments

• Options
    I returned from Vancouver on Sunday. Was on Tauck's Taste of the Pacific Northwest tour-- which is a great tour!! The hotel Tauck had us at was west from the hotel you will be at. When I opened the curtains in the hotel on Sunday morning, the sky was dark from the smoke, but I did not smell it. However, someone else from the group said he could smell it.

If you are not travelling for a few weeks, I would expect that the Canadians will have fire under control. Their TV news reports showed a competent, aggressive, organized response. I have been checking the daily print news reports now that I am back, and already they suggest that the fire near Vancouver is getting under control. It is very, very dry there and entire region needs more rain.

I see that you will be treated to some of the same itinerary that our tour enjoyed. The stay in Victoria is absolutely delightful. Butchart Garden, the high tea lunch there, and float plane ride to Vancouver were fabulous! Enjoy your tour!!
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply. I will keep my fingers crossed that the fires will be contained, for everyone affected.
    It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file