Options

Clothes

Leaving on the August Kenya/Tanzania Safari. Can anyone tell me what the dress is at night? Planning on just safari clothes, but not sure about the Four Seasons.

Comments

• Options
    Safari clothes are just fine everywhere, all the time. But, if you really want to dress a bit that is fine, too. There are always a few ladies in each group that will want to put on something nicer than safari garb.

Remember, you will be living out of the duffel bags while at the Four Seasons, so no use taking extra clothes that you won't wear during the day, just so you can look good to people that won't notice or really won't care what you are wearing. The sole purpose of the Four Season which is in the middle of the Serengeti, is to provide outstanding accommodations for people on safari- it is not a resort in any other sense.

Except that you will have your suitcases, the above also goes for the Mt. Kenya Safari Club, however non-safari people will also be staying and dining there. You have a barbeque in the forest one night at the Safari Club so there is no need to dress for that.
  • Options
    I brought a few nicer tops for dinner but mostly stayed in safari clothes. This is a fabulous trip. Enjoy!!
  • Options
    Dress for comfort. No one on my tour dressed beyond safari clothes, even for dinner.
  • Options
    We just returned from this trip and I am still amazed at the experience. Seth was our guide and our group was just magical! Big hug fest when we departed Serena Hotel in Nairobi to come home! My sister and I did bring a few little dresses and nicer tops and casual pants and capris and found opportunities to wear them with something to keep us warm! I was happy to have a change from my safari clothes and there was plenty of room in the duffel to bring choices! I am a shoe freak and I brought only two pair of Ecco walking shoes, a pair of flip flops and what I wore on plane. Did just fine. Never have gotten by with so few shoes! I NEVER had one bug problem! I bought the Exofficio lightweight bug jacket and it was my staple! Never had a drop of rain so that jacket stayed rolled up. My Patagonia Puffer got lots of action in early morning and evening. It rolls up into nothing.
    It is a trip of a lifetime...I will think of a way to return! The people are amazing and TAUCK will have a surprise at every turn! Enjoy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file