Options

Opening page for TAUK

I have 2 laptops which I use as well as an iPad 4.

Regardless of which I use, the opening page for the Tauk website has nothing but writing above the photo of a group of 8 people posing in front of an old ruin. No pictures, icons or logos.

Is this just happening to me? I wonder if my recent ADOBE flash program update may have something to do with it. But the iPad doing the same thing would rule that out.

Somehow I am not able to add a Screen print picture but the below is what I see upon opening the TAUK home page.

Login to your account
|
Register

TAUCK

Call 800-788-7885 or your travel agent and book your trip today!

search_icon
Find Your Trip

close_button
Findyour trip

search_icon
find your trip

Or... Select one or more travel options:
» Clear Selections
find your trip

Destinations
Africa
Antarctica
Asia
Australia and New Zealand
Canada
Cuba
Europe
Latin America
Middle East
United States
Land Journeys
Small Groups
River Cruises
Danube River Cruises
Family River Cruises
Rhine River Cruises
Rhone River Cruises
Seine River Cruises
Themed River Cruises
Small Ship Cruises
Family Adventures
Community
Community
FAQ
Travel Forums
Travel Blog
Videos

Then the group photo is below all this writing only! It immediately shows all new postings.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Everything looks fine to me. Either Tauck IT already corrected the problems or you have a problem.

As far as posting a screen grab- the Tauck website does not support adding images directly from your computer to a post. You must upload the image to a 'hosting' or some other website first. Then you can use the URL of its uploaded location to add the image to your post. Also, unlike many forum websites, the Tauck forum software will not resize images. If the image is too large it will 'overrun' the frame and affect all posts in that thread- makes it annoying to read (how do I know this : ( ).

This photo was taken after our balloon ride over the Masai Mara on the just completed 13 June K&T Safari tour. I resized the original 5184 X 3456 image to 640 X 480 pixels which appears to be just about the max you can use without having over-run.

IMG_2616r.jpg
  • Options
    I get the same thing as RGM2. And it's the only site that does this, so that won't be because of my computer ...

Love the photo, Alan!

Cheers,

Jan

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Hmmm, still works fine for me. I am using Firefox v38.0.5 on a Win7 PC laptop.
  • Options
    AlanS wrote:
    Hmmm, still works fine for me. I am using Firefox v38.0.5 on a Win7 PC.
    I've got the latest Safari 8.0.6 on iMac with Yosemite. That Yosemite upgrade cause so much ..... grrrrrr .... trouble, I can't tell you! Urgh. But it's still just on this one site .... since ? Saturday afternoon. So, 2 days, now. I do wonder how much trouble the Australian geo thingy whateveritis thingy causes, though. And that's quite apart from the people without a name who have shanghaied the "contact us" info on our site! {:-(

I still love your photo, though!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Tauck IT may have done an "upgrade" this weekend that is causing the problem.

Thanks, I didn't take that photo because I was in the gondola, but I took literally thousands of photos on the K&T and some were pretty darn good if I do say so myself. I also took some video with the Canon DSLR and a GoPro and need to stitch a few of them together. Now I need to figure out what to do with them all so I can share with family and friends.

While her position didn't look very comfortable this female lion was zonkered. Judging by her large belly hanging down between the limbs, she was either pregnant or had recently eaten quite a bit. It sure supports the old saying that cats (even big ones!) can sleep anywhere.

p.s. I just checked and the opening page displays just fine on my wife's iPad. It must be a plot by that outfit down under or negative energy associated with the Coriolis effect. : )

IMG_2540RC.jpg
  • Options
    Nice picture of AlanS in the gondola.
    Just think, with a really long selfie stick even the photographer could have been in the picture.

BTW: I can delete all Tauk cookies and come back and still experience the same curious home page.
    Oh well, ni modo. This afternoon I'll be on my flight to Budapest to start the Budapest - Amsterdam cruise on Thursday.
  • Options
    I think that un-namable lot have a feed on my web searches. Don't laugh! We have recently overtaken your official penchant for spooky doings. So thanks to the spooks for passing along the cease and desist message! I have the home page and search tours facility back.

I suppose it could be something to do with the amazing Aurora Australis sightings we have been having lately. Visible right up into northern Victoria & southern New South Wales. Very rare and so beautiful .....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-23/photographer-captures-amazing-aurora-australis-over-victoria/6566074

Love that fat, sleepy cat. The local fire rescue people must be very brave. Was that in the Masai Mara?

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    jdurkin wrote:

Love that fat, sleepy cat. The local fire rescue people must be very brave. Was that in the Masai Mara?

Cheers,

Jan

Yup!