Loft Cabins on MS Savor

We'll be taking the Blue Danube river cruise next June. I'd love to hear comments about the loft cabin on the MS Savor from those who have stayed in them.
Thanks!

Comments

• jtexas wrote:
    We'll be taking the Blue Danube river cruise next June. I'd love to hear comments about the loft cabin on the MS Savor from those who have stayed in them.
    Thanks!

We have never stayed in one but we have one on the 9/30/15 trip. Looking forward to it. I have read a number of reviews that rave about those rooms. We got ours quite by accident as we were wait-listed.
  • jtexas wrote:
    Thanks!

We were just on the Savor in July 2105 and loved it. However, we chose one of the diagonal-wall cabins - 201. Cabin was nice - bathroom was small, and shower was REALLY small. We SHOULD have chosen a loft cabin; DH was squeamish about being on the lower floor, below the water line - but he was wrong. You are NOT below water - OK, maybe a foot or so - but you have TWO STORIES of windows with a electric Roman shade, and a chandelier! The raised seating area gives you drawers and a shelf to place things on - and the bathroom has a MUCH larger shower (my elbows woudl say Thank You!). NOW we know what to get next time we are on this class of ship! The 3 decks of the cabins meet the Lounge/Lobby and the Compass Rose dinging room, like split levels - a half a flight of stairs (yes, there are lifts). So everything is closer than you think - even if you choose to walk to the stern to Arthur's for coffee and cookies, or some quiet. On the website and in the Tauck literature, there are deck plans, and "fish-eye" photos of the cabins. But on the SHIP - the "hotel" book placed in each room has LAYOUTS with the furniture, etc, so I took photos to look over at home. I wish I had seen those layouts FIRST - because this would have guided us to the loft cabins - even though Hubby was uncertain. Once he SAW one ( friends let us in for a peek), he was SOLD on these. So you are NOT in the depths of the ship - you are a mere half-flight of steps from all the action (take another look at the lobby photos - you will see what I mean); coming DOWN from the top deck is equidistant. You will have the AHA moment when you see these *live* - we did.

Pauline
  • Pauline is absolutely right on the Loft cabins - I wouldn't travel any other way now on their river cruises! They are AMAZING - exactly as she describes. We had the very first cabin off the elevator - closest to the "lobby" - it was perfect!

The best attributes:

- there is SO much drawer space you won't be able to fill them all (and I am a huge overpacker) PLUS two large closets with more drawers in them! Every inch of space in the Loft cabins is used creatively.

- I loved the "feeling of spaciousness" by having two levels - if one is in bed, the other can be up on the loft reading, or watching the scenery - you're never on top of one another and it almost feels like a one bedroom apartment! I was truly impressed with the quality of these cabins.

Enjoy it! I'm jealous, wish I was back on ship! And we re-met several crew members that we'd had on our Blue Danube sailing three years ago (this last cruise was Rhine/Moselle).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file