Euros & Forints-Budapest to Prague-July 8th

We are looking forward to meeting everyone on our MS SAVOR cruise from Budapest to Prague!
We have ordered Euros and Forints from our bank so we are good to go. A good friend who travels a lot, also suggested that we make copies of our passports and fold them and tuck them away in a pocket of a pair of pants that we have packed in our luggage. It will be wonderful to visit so many exciting and beautiful cities!

Comments

• I would never leave personal information like that in a suitcase that you may never seen again, I never heard of such an idea, you need to keep the copy with you on your person. My husband usually carries the originals and I carry the copies, so that if one gets stolen, the other still has the copies. As soon as we get to the hotel, they go into the safe, unless we need to carry some id with us and in that case we may carry the copies, or even just our drivers licenses depending on what is deemed acceptable. We have never had lost luggage, but we have had luggage delayed, most recently on our Tauck tour of Tanzania.
  • British wrote:
    I would never leave personal information like that in a suitcase that you may never seen again, I never heard of such an idea, you need to keep the copy with you on your person. My husband usually carries the originals and I carry the copies, so that if one gets stolen, the other still has the copies. As soon as we get to the hotel, they go into the safe, unless we need to carry some id with us and in that case we may carry the copies, or even just our drivers licenses depending on what is deemed acceptable. We have never had lost luggage, but we have had luggage delayed, most recently on our Tauck tour of Tanzania.

Yup ... I always carry copies, and the originals are in the safe. A writer on another blog thought "hiding" the originals in a zippered compartment in her suitcase was the best idea ... and then forgot where they were 'hidden'. I recently went to a park at the Cotopaxi volcano in Ecuador and they wanted to see our passports for entry ... They accepted the copies.
  • I too only carry a copy of my passport with me, never ever carry the original passport. If they want to see the original they're welcome to accompany me back to my accommodations.

A couple of years ago on a bus returning from Mexico City at a routine stop they were quite happy to see my passport and tourist visa copies!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file