Options

Arthur's for dinner?

I will be taking the MS Inspire this summer.

I know Arthur's, the ship's smaller restaurant, is open for breakfast and lunch but I am unclear about how often it is open for dinner.

Is it open every night or just some, and what determines the schedule? Are reservations recommended or required?

How does the dinner menu at Arthur's compare to the menu in the main dining room?

Comments

• Options
    I haven't been on this ship, but the one I did this trip on had a restaurant in the back and at night you did need reservations for the few tables they had set up. It is just away to have a quiet intimate dinner with a view from the rear of the ship.
  • Options
    If its like the Swiss Emerald, it will be open for dinner most nights and they did ask for you to sign up at reception by 2pm if you wanted to have dinner there. The welcome and farewell dinners were only served in the main dining room. The night of the dinner at the castle may change things. On the Rhone, when we were suppose to all have dinner at Pont du Gard, neither restaurants were listed as options - however - friends of ours opted not to leave the boat and the crew did provide them with a simple meal.

The menu in the bistro seemed to be the same every night. Caesar salad and something else??? We never ate there mainly because it just couldn't compare to the main dining room. In the Compass Rose dining room at a minimum you had a choice every night of 2 different soups, 2 starters, 2-3 special mains (fish, meat/poultry and vegetarian) as well as simple grilled steak, salmon, etc. Plus desert choices if you had any room left. Dinner the 1st and last nights were even more extensive.

Wonderful food. I enjoyed every dinner there. Did learn over time to make sure and get my quota of fruits and vegetables at breakfast and lunch as dinner didn't really feature them.

Arthurs is suppose to be larger than the Jewel class bistros with more menu choices. Hopefully someone who has been on the Inspire or the Savor will chime in and we'll all know.
  • Options
    My wife and I really enjoyed the MS Inspire which we took on the Rhine/Moselle trip a few weeks ago. We went to Arthur's one night, and it was an enjoyable experience. The menu is basic and the same every night, but the food and service were on par with the dining room. Reservations are required as there are few tables, and I would think they need to make sure they have the correct food there. If I went on the cruise again, I would probably do Arthur's again as it was very relaxing, but probably only once or twice as the menu in the main dining room was delightful. Arthur's was not open for the two Captain's dinners or when we ate at the castle, which was fantastic and not to be missed!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file