Options

Spraying clothes

I have bought some of the Sawyer Insect Repellent for clothing. This 24 0z bottle says it's good for 4 outfits - shirt, pants, socks. Has anyone used this spray? Is the suggested amount accurate? I haven't started spraying in preparation for the trip. Seems like the clothes will get quite damp...is that true?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Yes, you do need a lot of spray. One tip to reduce the amount is to just spray the collars and cuffs, basically anywhere the insects have a way of getting to your skin, but those areas do need to get wet. Do this job outside where you will get fresh air while you are spraying, we rigged up a clothes line under our high deck and sprayed things there. Another time when we wer going in winter, we hung a line in our unfinished basement but opened the windows. Always wear old clothing, mask and eye protection while you are spraying, you do not want to get this stuff on you while it is wet. I believe there is a video you can look on line from Sawyer that shows how to do the spraying, I watched it and it was fun!
  • Options
    I did not have time to spray my clothes before I left, and never got around to it while there. The bug spray i brought did the trick, as did the wipes in the hotel rooms. Flies were more of an issue and they didn't seem to mind any of the sprays we all had. Tse tse flies were around, but I don't think anyone but our driver was bitten by one. I am returning the unopened bottle of Sawyer's tomorrow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file