Laundry

How is laundry handled. Are there facilities to do your own or send out?

Comments

• This is the place where laundry is a bargain compared to anywhere else--- though when we did the tour we did not stay at the swanky Four Seasons, so not sure of prices there. Would not want to do it myself, certainly if you put anything outside your room, an animal or two may take a fancy
  • How is laundry handled. Are there facilities to do your own or send out?

Hi tomcargo747,

On the Kenya and Tanzania tour, all the hotels you'll be staying at will have valet laundry service.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • edited May 2015
    The laundry service (send out) at all of the Serena Hotels is very reasonable, and they have a very quick turnaround. We usually have a few things that we don't want in a dryer, so we always travel with powdered detergent in a baggie. Because our things got so dusty (we were there in October), we did a number of quick washes in the sink and most things were dry by the next morning (most of the type of clothing we used on this trip was light and dri-fast fabric). We didn't do any hand laundry unless we were spending two nights at a location in case it didn't dry. As British noted, you don't want to be tempting fate and putting anything out on the patio! And, don't even think about bringing anything white!! The item will never see that color again!
  • Yes, turn around at the Serena hotel is same day.....beautifully folded and returned to your room. My clothes were all laundered and pressed (stains intact). Not sure how my cleaners will get the stains out, but the clothes did come back dust free and cleaner than they were sent. Sent everything from undergarments and pjs, to shirts and pants. Everything was returned and prices are quite reasonable.
  • Stained intact, very funny!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file