Options

AFRICA NAMIBIA. QUESTION FOR TAUCK TIM

We love to watch The Amazing Race because of the opportunities to glimpse so many different countries. This past Friday 17th April, the two hour show featured the incredible scenery of Namibia. For those who know little about the country, it is the second least populated country on Earth and has the oldest desert. There were plenty of wild dogs to see, the teams took part in some kind of feeding program with them. San people were also featured, the teams help build the traditional homes/shelters made from bending tree branches and dried grasses. The main airport, bush planes, different types of roads were seen. It was quite useful to watch for many reasons.
I remember asking tour guide Rachel which African country was her favorite and she said Namibia. We had Rachel for our Kenya and Tanzania tour and South Africa Elegant Adventure. Regular forum contributer AlanS will remember Rachel, I saw a picture of you with her you posted from your England tour. So sometime since 2007, Tauck featured a tour that included Namibia, but it was only for a short time.
My question for TauckTim is, is Tauck likely to have a tour that features Namibia in the near future? Why did the previous tour not last? Was it logistics. Or lack of popularity, infrastructure or whatever?