Recommendation for a Family of 5 European trip this summer?

My husband and I would like to take our children to Europe this summer. We thought about a cruise but are wondering anyone's opinion about the "Tauck" experience. Our children are in grades 7th, 5th, and 1st.

Comments

• Hi Erin,

We have a number of options that are fun for the whole family; they can be found on the "Tauck Bridges" family travel section of the site, over here: http://www.tauck.com/family-travel.aspx

If you have any questions about what trips are available, what we offer, or what makes Tauck different from other options, please let me know, and I will be happy to answer!

-Tim
  • My daughter and her son have traveled on 5 or 6 Bridges adventures. The tour directors have activities that keep the children busy and involved. It has been a wonderful experience for both of them.
  • My husband and I would like to take our children to Europe this summer. We thought about a cruise but are wondering anyone's opinion about the "Tauck" experience. Our children are in grades 7th, 5th, and 1st.

Hi Erin, I went on the Venice to Florence to Rome last year, it was fantastic. The guides are very friendly and informative and they cater for all age groups. There were 4 children in one family and anyone who needed special foods, they were well looked after, not only for children's meals but for vegetarians and people who have to eat gluten free foods. As the roads are very narrow, at times we did a lot of walking as the bus wouldn't fit on the narrow roads (more like alley ways). Take good walking shoes as the cobble stones can be hard on the feet after a while. The bus took us to many places, one being a beautiful old winery (at night) with the house attached up in the hills were the owners entertained us with dinner, also another one that took us to a kind of lookout that looked over Rome. Venice you walk or catch the water taxis, another great experience. I think you would see a lot more not going by cruise but that's just my opinion. I absolutely loved Venice and Florence and will be going back one day hopefully in 2017. Rome is wonderful too but a lot faster pace than Venice and Florence. Our guide for the 3 places was Terri, she was lovely and I promised her the next time I go there I will look her up. My aunt has been on the cruise and her next one will be the one I did. Have a wonderful time, it truly is beautiful. One more thing, the Hotel rooms were perfect 5 star and all meals were perfect. Everything is so well organized, I would recommend Tauck to everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file