Options

Blue Danube - Which direction?

In terms of direction, what are the advantages and disadvantages of traveling eastbound or westbound on the Blue Danube river cruise? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    I sailed the Blue Danube Westbound last year. The two trips are essentially mirror images of each other. I chose the westbound sailing simply because the dates were better for me. Your choice could be influenced by a desire to add extra time at the beginning or end in Budapest versus Prague or vice versa, or perhaps you might find better flight arrangements depending on beginning and end points. Either way, you won't be disappointed. It was a wonderful trip on a beautiful river boat. Enjoy!
  • Options
    For the most part it does not matter. Guess it is how much time you would spend in the cabin during the day and looking out the window. Myself I have taken 2 riverboat cruises and spent most of my time in the public areas.
  • Options
    Hi SandyS,

Like Calaf said, the two trips are mirror images of each other; the only thing that changes is the order you do things in, so the only consideration you should really have to juggle is the views, and if there are any extra activities you'd like to add during your downtime, or if you'd like to add a hotel stay at the beginning or end of the trip.

-Tim
  • Options
    Thank you all very much! That is exactly what I need to know!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file