Options

Attire for Welcome Dinner and Farewell Dinners

To all those seasoned Tauck travelers, your help would be appreciated. I will be taking the small group Classic Italy tour and wondered about the attire for the welcome and farewell dinners, in particular, and group dinners in general. Cocktail/Evening attire? or more Sunday dress for lack of a better term. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Comments

• Options
    More sunday dress. No need to break out the gowns and tuxes. I just bring a nice top and shoes and wear a pair of pants, usually. In Italy I did bring a dress, but not dressy dress, simply cause it is hotter and I hate wearing pants when it is hot.
  • Options
    A tassle and tie dress would be great according to me. Otherwise a skinny jeans in white with any sleeveless tops would also go.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Quite stunning for the grand daughter on a Bridges trip. Otherwise ..... you know .... um .... maybe not so much. Stick to what Crackers said.
  • Options
    I did this tour last year and agree that you don't need (and won't use often) anything really dressy. A simple sheath dress that you can change with a scarf or some costume jewelry is fine. Or a nice pair of pants (capri or long) with one or two dressy tops will work as well. Dress for most nights was pretty casual - mostly just what we wore for touring during the day.
  • Options
    Thank you for the great suggestions. It helped tremendously.