Classic Italy Sept 2015

Anyone already booked for this trip? We are arriving a day early and are very excited! It's our first trip to Europe!

Comments

• My husband and I went on it last year. You are in for an extraordinary experience. Many in the group came in early. Most went to Capri for the day. You can take a ferry over from right behind the hotel. There is a faster boat (forgot what it is called). That is the one you want to take. Have a great time.
  • The faster boat is the hydrofoil or aliscafi. The trip to Capri is a great way to spend the day and not too stressful if you are recovering from jet lag.
  • I am delighted to be taking this trip. It will be my first trip to Italy.My husband is not a traveller. so I will be traveling alone and coming in a day early. Could someone give me an idea of what one might bring to wear?
  • Tauck posts a recommended packing list on the site of each tour; you might start with that and then pose some specific questions that would be easier to address. In general, this is a pretty casual trip; women on my trip wore capris or knee length skirts for touring. There were several "dressier" evenings where a simple dress or pants with a dressy top would be appropriate. A navy or black dress or top that you can change with a scarf or some costume jewelry always works well.
  • We did this tour about 10 years ago and it was fabulous. You are going to love it. Bring camera and a video camera and narrate where you have been and what you have seen. Otherwise you will forget what the still photos are from. You will be immersed in the history, the people, the art work, etc. I cannot say enough about the tour or the first class way that Tauck does it.

Joe