Options

Much noise at night on the lower deck category 1 rooms?

My sister and I are booked for the Amsterdam to Budapest river cruise for May 2016. We will each have our own cabins, so that will be nice but I was wondering if there is much engine noise down there, enough to keep you awake at any rate. The only negative review I read about this cruise (and I have read quite a few), was the noise in the category 1 cabins. I know going through locks is bound to be noisy, I was just wondering if the lady was overly sensitive or it was really a problem. I have never been to Europe and we are going for my 60th birthday. I know it is early days but am quite excited about it. I did a lot of research and Tauck came out on top, so I am sure it will be wonderful. Just wondering if earplugs might be in order.

Comments

• Options
    I have taken 2 river cruises in cat 1 and did not have an issue with the noise.
  • Options
    I agree with crackers54 that there is no noise problem. Just came back from the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise.

But my advice would be to get to Amsterdam 2 - 3 days before, not only to do some exploring on your own, but to get used to the 6 hours time difference if you are coming from North America. Could be even worse if coming from further west.
    Just my thoughts
  • Options
    We are doing an extra day in Prague after the trip. What would you recommend to do that is NOT covered with the regular tours planned. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    We've been on 3 Tauck riverboat vacations & always have booked that category & stayed in #103 or #105, the only internal noise came from passengers who had come down the steps to go to their cabins & talked while going to theirs. Yes if locks, you will hear that noise unless you are a really really sound sleeper ! Enjoy your 1st Tauck experience !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file