motion sickness

has anyone ever been hit with motion sickness on a riverboat?

Comments

• riverboats are flatbottom boats and do not rock. Also, they are on rivers with no waves.
  • I have some neighbors that have taken a few of these cruises, and say the same thing. No rough water because we will be going through canals.

I have a tendency to get sea sick, sometimes just from the movement of the boat, so I'm going to make sure I take my Sea Bands with me. I take them with me anytime I fly, or will be on a boat.

Better to be safe than sorry.
  • In my lifetime I've been motion sick in cars, planes, sail boats, amusement rides, and with the right about of sinus congestion, on dry land (was sure Hong Kong was a floating island), so I worried about this before our first river cruise.

I packed medication just in case but didn't use any on the boat. We were often cruising in the evening during dinner and overnight while sleeping. I was just fine.

The only problem I ever had was once top side when we were entering a lock. It was just a momentary thing due to the walls of the lock being so close to the ship. I immediately looked away to the horizon and was over it.

I'd recommend taking whatever medication, bands, etc that work for you just so you aren't worried about this, but don't think you'll have a problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file