Options

August 1 2015 departure and weight limits

Would like to connect with anyone on the August 1 departure for Botswana trip as I'm travelling alone and will be arriving Livingstone 2 days early. Hope to get in a "rhino walk" or 'elephant ride'---offerings per the Royal Livingstone website that can't be booked by just 1 person. Also wondering about the total weight limit of about 40 pounds and whether this is truly enforced.

Comments

• Options
    We did the trip last November and never had our bags weighed (at least not in our presence). We managed the entire trip using 2 overhead bags and 2 under-the-seat bags. Each bags was about 15 pounds. The thread called Using Only the Tauck Duffelbag might be of interest.
  • Options
    Would like to connect with anyone on the August 1 departure for Botswana trip as I'm travelling alone and will be arriving Livingstone 2 days early. Hope to get in a "rhino walk" or 'elephant ride'---offerings per the Royal Livingstone website that can't be booked by just 1 person. Also wondering about the total weight limit of about 40 pounds and whether this is truly enforced.

People who handle luggage don't need a scale to know if it is too heavy ... and people who fly airplanes pay attention to the weight of the cargo, the people, and the luggage. To not do so is hazardous to all concerned. There is a lot of trash strewn around the world that was once an overweight, or out of CG airplane. I'm a retired pilot and I have often off loaded cargo, and luggage, and people to keep the airplane within limits. I plan on complying with the limits. (;-)