Cruise vs Land Tour and additional questions

I love cruising and I love Tauck. We have never been to Hawaii and this will probably be our only visit. For those who have experienced both, which one do you prefer and why?

In addiiton, how much time is spent going from one island to the next? Are you arriving at the airports 2 hours ahead? Are you losing half your day with flights?

This seems like a pretty relaxing itinerary. It is or am I under the wrong assumption?

We are looking at going in September/October. Is there a better time of year to go? We are trying to avoid summer vacation to stay clear of a lot of children.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I'm Hooked wrote:
    I love cruising and I love Tauck. We have never been to Hawaii and this will probably be our only visit. For those who have experienced both, which one do you prefer and why?

In addiiton, how much time is spent going from one island to the next? Are you arriving at the airports 2 hours ahead? Are you losing half your day with flights?

This seems like a pretty relaxing itinerary. It is or am I under the wrong assumption?

We are looking at going in September/October. Is there a better time of year to go? We are trying to avoid summer vacation to stay clear of a lot of children.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
  • My favorite time of the year for Hawaii is January, believe it or not. It is always warm in Hawaii. It rains off and on, but not as heavily as in March or April. And August can be disgusting hot and humid. Plus, if you cruise, the humpback whales are moving about, especially around the Lahaina, Maui area, but also in the channels between the islands.
This discussion has been closed.