Southbound starting in Amsterdam April 17

My husband and I are booked for the April 17 southbound trip and heard from friends who have taken this trip that the boat is not always on a river. There are times it is in more open waters and on their trip the waters were "choppy". Does anyone have experience with this trip? It is hard to see the exact route from the map on Taucks website.

Comments

• Hi Linda, just thought I'd say hi. My wife, Sharon, and I will be one the same trip. I don' t have much to offer about the choppy open water but wanted to say hello. We're arriving 15th in Amsterdam. We're from Palmdale CA, about 70 miles north of LA. My wife will be taking her Bonine just in case. It has always worked wonders for her but you do need to take it the night before the rough water is expected. But...I can't imagine it will be too bad unless we get hammered by a storm or sorts. Those waters look pretty protected. Have you asked Tauck directly? There reps are petty well informed and could get you the answer. Look forward to meeting you! Mike Walker
  • Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I was concerned because of our friends' experience. It does look like the third night we go across more open waters. This is our second Tauck river cruise and the first one was wonderful. We are sure this one will be too. We are traveling from Chicago with friends and arrive in Amsterdam on the 16th. We will look forward to meeting you and Sharon. Safe travels!
  • Hi Linda,

I think as long as Monty Abbott is not going to be on the trip, you probably won't get sick. We are looking forward to seeing Dave and you as well and Jerry and his wife.. My wife and I will be with her sister and brother in law. We are getting into Amsterdam on the 16th as well. See you soon.

I am golfing with Monty the week before we leave, so I may be ill!!!

Kevin and Jackie King
  • Hi Kevin,

We have traveled with Monty before and agree things should be calmer this trip. But Dave tells me we might have to keep an eye on you.
    Looking forward to a great time!

Linda

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file