Vehicle Travel Recommendation from Nairobi to Arusha - July 2015

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I will be traveling on the Kenya & Tanzania - A Classic Safari trip in July 2015. We will be flying into Nairobi, Kenya two days prior to the start of our trip which begins in Arusha, Tanzania. We would like to be driven with a small group of no more than 4-6 people from Nairobi to Arusha prior to the start of our trip. Can any of you make recommendations on a car/van service for this trip that will provide a quality, safe, and hassle-free boarder crossing trip? Thank you!

David

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Sorry, I can't help with a specific recommendation, but since Nairobi is a major East Africa arrival location and Arusha one of the major kickoff locations for East African safaris, there are numerous companies offering bus, shuttle, van, and car services between the two locations. A Google search yields a large number of seemingly reputable companies. Just one example (not a recommendation): Regional Luxury Shuttle & Tours- Private transfer of 1 - 4 PAX from Nairobi to Arusha was listed for $250 USD per vehicle. TripAdvisor may also have some recommendations.

A recommendation based on actual personal experience would surely be more helpful, but if no one here has one, I would check with a travel agent.
  • David - You might want to check with Tauck. Any Tauck trip I've taken, I always went a day early and was always picked up by Tauck. That's one reason I love traveling with them. They always take care of all the little details. Enjoy your trip - this trip was my first trip to Africa and it was beyond all my expectations.
  • Alan - Ignore my post. I didn't read your post correctly. If you are going to Nairobi on your own, you will have to find your way to Arusha where Tauck will meet you. Sorry.
  • We spent a night in Nairobi and then flew to Arusha the following evening in a small plane. If you have not traveled by car in Africa, you might want to rethink any more car travel than necessary. Even the paved roads have a lot of slow traffic and poorly maintained vehicles spewing a lot of exhaust!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file