Weather

We are on the Grand Australia Tour Nov 10, 2014.
Could anyone tell us the approximate temperatures to expect on the trip?

Comments

• edited October 2014
    I hesitate to answer this because whatever I predict will probably be wrong but here goes. Jan will perhaps have a better feel of Melbourne weather (you know 4 seasons in one day) but in reality you have picked a great time to visit us. The daytime temps in both Sydney and Melbourne should hover around the 80-85F mark with the evenings cooler at around 60-65F. When yo go to "The Rock" you should find the days much warmer around 90+F with the evenings quite a deal cooler at around 55F. When you land at the Rock you'll be allocated your 1000 or so flies to look after. This gives you ample practice time to perfect the "Aussie Salute". When you come up North to God's Country (North Queensland) there will be a bit more humidity, not a lot, and the temps around 90F. Our evenings up here are quite mild at that time of the year with temps around 75F.

I hope this helps but as I said at the start weather predicting is not something I'd like to do for a living.

Rod
  • The temps are spot with what I experienced a few years ago at the same time of year. Only thing is Melbourne, the temps could change thru out the day depending on the wind direction. If coming from the direction of Antarctica they cool off. We were lucky through out, only rain at end of trip in NZ. The temps in NZ for the mort part were in low to high 60's for that part of the trip. Enjoy was a really great trip.
  • Rod forgot to mention that Tauck (caring as ever) does provide fly nets to cover your head and face while you are around the Rock - although I found I did not need mine.
    Richard
  • Richardb wrote:
    Rod forgot to mention that Tauck (caring as ever) does provide fly nets to cover your head and face while you are around the Rock - although I found I did not need mine.
    Richard
    Hahahhaaahhhaaahhhhaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhheeeeeeehhaaaaaaaaaaaaheeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa!
    Good for you, Richard. And thank you for sparing me that vision of you.;)

Cheers,

Jan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file