Options

Feb 21 2015 group

My wife and I are going on this trip. Arriving at Arusha a day early and after a rest day in Amsterdam. Looking for people to share vehicle on visit to Arusha National Park afternoon of Feb 20.

Also interested to know who will be experiencing this trip with us.

Gary

Comments

• Options
    Suggest you may need more than an afternoon to enjoy the park fully. You can't be in the park when it gets dark and an afternoon will prevent you from doing a walking safari which is excellent, (takes a minimum of two hours for that) it's the only way you will see the waterfall area that is so interesting tool it also costs the same for a few hours or a full day, $200 plus the park fees of course.
  • Options
    Appreciate the input. Was planning for mid morning start for about a 6-7 hour tour to the park. Do not plan to start overly early or the benefit of arriving a day early to recover after two 8 hour flights and a late arrival the night before diminishes.
  • Options
    Dubrovnik is an exciting city with the mix of history and adventure. You can have a great tour in this city and explore the medieval environment. Also enjoy the coastal nature and the adventure activities like sea kayaking, cruising and many more. Check this Dubrovnik travel guide to know more about this city.
    http://touristsclub.hubpages.com/hub/Dubrovnik-Historical-Places
  • Options
    We started our Arusha tour at 10 AM and there was another couple that started at 10:30. The hotel packs a box lunch for you so you stop for lunch and bathroom break of about half an hour and can easily be done before 5 PM.
  • Options
    Thanks Merlin321.
  • Options
    That's the time we started our tour, MNGary you said afternoon tour in your original posting. We were out for 7 hours.
  • Options
    Still looking for people scheduled for this trip. Have booked a tour to Arusha National Park on morning (9:30) of the 21st through hotel already, but would like to know if anyone wishes to join us and share the vehicle costs? Thanks to those who gave useful advice for planning.
  • Options
    My husband and I are also arriving in Arusha a day early, assuming all goes well with travel connections. Had planned to just rest during that extra day, but love the idea of going to a national park. If we do get there early, will check with the hotel about the tour. Maybe will see some of you there and will share a vehicle. Don't want to commit because we do have some tight connections that we're worried about!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I hope you don't miss your connections. We had a three hour layover in Amsterdam, but our flight was very delayed and we had to run though the airport, a long way, going through security again even though airside. We just made the ARUSHA flight but the airline decided that we would not make the flight so failed to put our luggage on it. It arrived 24 hours later, which was fine because we arrived two days early. Please remember to carry a few emergency outfits in your carry on for such unforeseen events. Having said that, this is one place that we had laundry done in case our things did not appear and it was very efficient and reasonably priced.
    The ARUSHA Nat Park is one of the most attractive places on the tour, I do hope you get to see it. Please keep this forum current and tell us what it's like in February.
  • Options
    To ginnyd
    Hope you make your connections, too. On this trip we are staying in Amsterdam on the 19th so should not have a connection risk, but we have had connecting flights at Schiphol several times in the past and had no problems.

If connecting to KLM 567 in Amsterdam down to Arusha on the 20th, we will be in seats 14H and J . Feel free to stop by so we can meet. Looking forward to our safari together.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file