Options

Airfrance strike

I'm scheduled to fly out of Boston Wednesday night for the Paris,Normandy,Loire Valley tour but the flight I'm scheduled on was cancelled today,September,21. Is anyone else affected by this strike? If so what options exist?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    We were also on that flight for the same trip. we just rebooked with Delta for a Delta flight - one stop. I suggest calling them - they will likely give you the song and dance that the flight for Wednesday is not cancelled but tell them that the notice on the site states you can rebook. Good Luck and see you in France. Maureen & Bob
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The French in general have just about more strikes then any other country. Most experienced travelers will say, avoid Air France if there is an alternative to get to your destination, even a Frenchman has told me that. Hope you can book other flights
  • Options
    Hey everybody,

As reported in the media, the SNPL union announced Friday they are extending the ongoing strike through Sept. 26. They are angry at Air France’s plans to shift much of its European operations to a low-cost carrier, Transavia. As part of our standard operations, Tauck’s Air Department is monitoring all Tauck-booked flights and will contact any guest whose air is affected due to the strike. Please note that we are unable to re-schedule any Tauck booked flight until an impact is identified and flights have been cancelled.
    If you have not booked your flights through Tauck, we strongly urge you check with your airline before departing for the airport, to determine flight status and check for cancellations. Individuals flying through or to/from France should closely monitor their flight status.

Also, just a reminder, if you've purchased the Tauck Travel Protection Plan, if you are delayed to the start of your tour and/or delayed to return home at the end of your tour, the following coverages apply:
    o Reimbursement for unused tour days from Tauck upon their return home.
    o Reimbursement for airfare change fees (if applicable), additional transportation expenses, meals, telephone calls and forced hotel stay.
    o You are responsible for all expenses up front, and need to file a claim with BerkelyCare directly.

Maximum coverages:
    o $1,000 per person for International tours
    o Please remember to save your receipts!

I hope this helps!

-Tim