Options

Huge praise for Larry A., Tauck tour guide extraordinaire

I’m back from my Tauck China tour with Larry A.; eastbound direction (Beijing, Xian, Yangtze, Shanghai, Hong Kong) and it is an amazing trip. From the hotels and the food to the sites and the buses, everything that I experienced was completely first-rate and five stars all the way.

In particular, every tour guide associated with Destination Asia (Lillian in Beijing, Tiger in Xian, Win-Di, Summer, Garry, FunFun in Shanghai, and Polly in Hong Kong) were exceptional people who were warm, funny, and knowledgeable about their cities and all the aspects of their locations that might be of interest to a curious visitor.

Most importantly, the highest praise is for Larry, who has been with Tauck for 20+ years; he is accomplished, compassionate, and knowledgeable about the cities that we visited and the local sites that might be of interest to someone like me who wanted to go off the beaten path.

Here's the inside scoop: Larry is one of the most precious human beings that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in my years on this planet, and I can’t begin to tell you how blessed I feel to have met him. From the way he took care of the other guests to his interactions with Chinese people on the street, Larry exemplifies all that is good and caring in this world, and there are no words to describe what a valuable asset he is to Tauck and to the world in general. His calm, even demeanor, combined with his astoundingly fabulous sense of humor, made everyone on our trip feel like they were part of a glorious expedition, not a cookie-cutter, routine tour.

I can’t wait to experience my next Tauck tour…until then, please know that I will be telling every person who will listen to me about the glories of the Tauck experience and the superb guide, Larry A., who is a 13 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Comments

• Options
    We also were fortunate to have Larry last year as our Tour Director for the Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand tour. Couldn't agree with your comments more.
  • Options
    Here's the inside scoop: Larry is one of the most precious human beings that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in my years on this planet, and I can’t begin to tell you how blessed I feel to have met him. From the way he took care of the other guests to his interactions with Chinese people on the street, Larry exemplifies all that is good and caring in this world, and there are no words to describe what a valuable asset he is to Tauck and to the world in general. His calm, even demeanor, combined with his astoundingly fabulous sense of humor, made everyone on our trip feel like they were part of a glorious expedition, not a cookie-cutter, routine tour.

My sentiments exactly...We still have great memories from our China trip 5 years ago. Only regret is that he is launching the Burma trip this year and probably won't be our Tour Director on our upcoming Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand tour.
  • Options
    What a lovely report. I haven't met Larry, but you know, that's really what you expect from Tauck. The best. And when you are in a foreign country, far from home and in a place where they speak a different language and have very different customs, like New York, say, a Larry is just what you need. I'm very glad you had Larry to help make your trip memorable for all the right reasons.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Hi everybody,

Thank you so much for saying those lovely comments. We always love to hear things like that, and I will definitely pass them along to the appropriate folks at the office. :)

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file