August 8, 2015 departure

Hi all!
We will be traveling on the August 8, 2015 departure of the Zambia/Botswana/South Africa trip.
We're very excited as this will be our 7th Tauck tour.

We plan to arrive at Livingstone on August 6 and to visit the Zimbabwe side of Victoria falls independently on August 7.
If anyone else will be on this tour, plans to arrive early, and wants to also make a quick trip to Zimbabwe (how cool does that sound?), please let me know. Perhaps we can pre-arrange something.

Look forward to meeting you!
Mark

Comments

• Hello , MarkMise.
    We are on the same trip as you. We are currently planning our flights so I am not sure when we will arrive but if we do come early your idea sounds of interest to us. Are you flying non stop from US to J 'burg and onto to Livingstone? Or are you breaking up the travel time? We can go nonstop from JFK but are considering going through Europe on the way there.
    Regards!
  • MarkMise wrote:
    Hi all!
    We will be traveling on the August 8, 2015 departure of the Zambia/Botswana/South Africa trip.
    We're very excited as this will be our 7th Tauck tour.

We plan to arrive at Livingstone on August 6 and to visit the Zimbabwe side of Victoria falls independently on August 7.
    If anyone else will be on this tour, plans to arrive early, and wants to also make a quick trip to Zimbabwe (how cool does that sound?), please let me know. Perhaps we can pre-arrange something.

Look forward to meeting you!
    Mark

Please check that you will be able to go to the Zimbabwe side without a Visa. When we did the South Africa/Zimbabwe tour and my husband did the zip line over the river between the two countries, he was only allowed to go halfway, and then the guides hauled you back. Maybe Tauck can answer this for you, I would call them, or maybe the Embassy websites.
  • British , thank you for your warning. I was just reading that there is something new , called a Univisa, which can be purchased in the airport allowing one to visit Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Bostwana. I will further into this before making any plans.
  • Hi!
    Senorai - we are flying JFK-JNB and then connecting immediately to Livingstone. Our plan is to spend arrival day at the hotel, then Zimbabwe the following day, and start the tour the next. We figured we would get all of that flying out of the way.
    British - apparently US and UK citizens are able to obtain a Zimbabwe visa at the border crossing. From what I have read it's easy and less costly than obtaining one in advance. But a call to Tauck just to verify is a great idea!

• Just a side note. Most of us entered Zambia with a single-entry visa. The guide told us if we went to the Zimbabwe side we would need to get another visa to get back into Zambia. As I recall you can get a multiple-entry visa but naturally it costs more.
  • Mark Mise, I believe we are on the same flights as you. If you would like to chat about your research and the Zimbabwe idea please contact me at s.ishii2@verizon.com
  • Hi all,
    I'm so bummed but we had to cancel this trip. On the upside, our cancellation was due to a promotion that I received and so I can't get away in August!
    Have a great time and hoping you post reviews when you return. I'd like to do this trip in the next couple of years!
  • Sorry you will not be joining us, MarkMise. Good luck with your new responsibilities!