How's cabin 2 on isabella in the galapagos

planning in going in May 2014? Any obstructions? Very front of the ship on the port side?

Comments

• We were in this cabin in 2010. It has 2 single beds as does most cabins on this boat, they are virtually the same except the master suite of which there is only one. You spend little time on the ship so don't use it except for sleeping. It is a nice expedition boat and the food is great. Excellent tour.
    Gary
  • Any other info that would help us as Isabella is a 5 day and nat geo is a 7 day! Islander is the other choice we might go on. Any burning advice?
  • jo jo wrote:
    Any other info that would help us as Isabella is a 5 day and nat geo is a 7 day! Islander is the other choice we might go on. Any burning advice?

Hi Jojo,

I think this is the only time that I have, or ever would, dissuade someone from a Tauck tour in favor of someone else. We love Tauck and are about to take our 5th tour with them. BUT, we took the Islander with Nat Geo to the Galapagos a few years ago and thought it was superlative.

First, you have 7 days instead of 5 (there are at least 13 islands, and you never get to see all of them anyway). Second, this is a "large" ship so it is very stable, has huge cabins and many facilities. I think we upgraded one level from the basic cabin. We wanted the "indoor/outdoor" patio. It was definitely a good decision as we could let our wetsuit, snorkel, bathing items dry and either one of us could sit there with lights on while the other one slept or rested. I think our room was one floor (there is an elevator) above the main level. Our beds were made up like a single queen or king, don't remember which. The cabins were beautiful, large and comfortable and I believe the ship was overhauled the year after we traveled so things are probably even better.

There are 48 passengers, you are sure to meet someone you like. You go ashore in groups of 16/zodiac. The groups are not static...you can get to mingle. Each group of 16 has its own naturalist guide so you can get to know different perpectives from each. Our guides were all fabulous and had fascinating unique stories to tell.

The food was wonderful! Seating is open so we got to mix with all the travelers. Dinner choices were selected at morning and/or lunchtime, and each included choices of meat, fish or vegetarian. No one went hungry.

I am sure Tauck does a great job on this trip but I would still recommend Nat. Geo for this one. We liked it so much the following year we used them for a trip to Egypt that was also a wonderful experience. (Glad we got to go when we did). We switched to Tauck after the Egypt trip because it seemed that Tauck did better job of seeing the places we wanted to visit next.

Write it you want more info: sschare@aol.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file