Options

Whole food supplements

I take a variety of whole food supplements (Spanish Black Radish, Immpulex, Vitamin B) but will not have a prescription for these, since they are not medicines. Does anyone know if it will be a problem to bring these into India? I've tried searching on the embassy websites and can't find anything regarding this.

Thanks!
Felicia

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I have no idea. Yikes we never even take vitamins we eat lots of fresh food and vegetables so we do not need them. Are they FDA regulated?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi Felicia,

Good question! I tried looking around and wasn't able to find very much information myself; I sent a few emails to some of the experts in the Tauck office, and if they I hear anything useful back I will pass it along.

Generally speaking, as long as a medication is in a bottle clearly labeled as such and the amount you're bringing fits the length of time you'll be traveling, you won't have too much trouble getting through customs. As far as vitamins go, while I wasn't able to find much, if you'd like really specific information I'd suggest you call the embassy nearest you and ask them. They will definitely be the best source of information in that area.

-Tim
  • Options
    TauckTim: Great idea! I didn't think about calling the embassy - was just trying to navigate the website and getting nowhere!
    British: I eat SOME fresh food and veggies, but unfortunately, I consume far more chocolate, ice cream and breads! LOL
    Felicia

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file