Options

Visa at airport in Tanzania

Has anyone purchased a Visa when they land in Tanzania lately? I had no problem the last time we were there and am wondering if things are still the same. I am from Canada and it is difficult to get one ahead of time.

Comments

• Options
    We noticed the lines for visas were long when we passed through, suggest you get a move on when you leave the plane to get to the front of the line and just be glad someone like me is not moaning about those people who are delaying me getting to the hotel while I wait for those who did not get a visa in advance.
  • Options
    I am from Peterborough, Ont and when we went I called the embassy in Ottawa. They had me send the forum, passport and a bank draft to them and they processed it in 2 weeks. Just google the embassy for their phone number and call them. They even took my visa data for Kenya across the street and did that for me, returning our passports and visas for both counties. The line ups were long at the airport and no one seemed pleased that they had to wait after such a long trip. It was very easy to do it in Canada.
    Gary
  • Options
    Thanks Gary. Our travel agent never mentioned this method of obtaining the Visa. I have placed a call to the embassy in Ottawa and await their reply.
  • Options
    We were there in January 2014. The lines were long and we were at the end. Two of the five people traveling with us were Canadians. They had no more difficulty getting a visa than we did. When we first arrived, the lines hardly moved. In about 45 minutes, they got organized and ran through all the rest of the people, including us, in another 45 minutes.

I have ALWAYS made arrangements for our visas in advance on previous safaris and never waited over ten minutes in line. I will return to my old ways on our next safari. Actually, after standing in line for 1 1/2 hours, my wife no longer thinks my compulsive organization is a waste of time....Leo M.
  • Options
    Leo M wrote:
    We were there in January 2014. The lines were long and we were at the end. Two of the five people traveling with us were Canadians. They had no more difficulty getting a visa than we did. When we first arrived, the lines hardly moved. In about 45 minutes, they got organized and ran through all the rest of the people, including us, in another 45 minutes.

I have ALWAYS made arrangements for our visas in advance on previous safaris and never waited over ten minutes in line. I will return to my old ways on our next safari. Actually, after standing in line for 1 1/2 hours, my wife no longer thinks my compulsive organization is a waste of time....Leo M.

Thanks Leo. I don't know if they would wait, or send another transport. But expecting your fellow travelers to wait while you get a visa, which is really not difficult to do in advance, is in my view a bit rude. Tauck made a point of inquiring if I had started the visa process long before our trip started. They clearly expect that you will get your visa in advance, and not be an inconvenience to others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file