Giverny - bloom time for wisteria

I am looking at either the May 3rd or May 10th cruise for the 2015 Rendezvous on the Seine. I would like to know if anyone can tell me when the prime bloom time would be likely for the wisteria in the water garden at Giverny. Bloom time is generally mid-May but would be influenced by location, so it may be different than what we experience in northern California.

Comments

• Hello, we are on the May 10th trip. The wisteria is on the list to be blooming in May. I know we will be early for the water lilies. I'm looking forward to the gardens. I know they will be beautiful :))
    The May 10th trip is almost full. They fill up so quickly for the peak times. Maybe we will see you on our trip.
  • We were there on May 5th (the 4/27 tour) and the wisteria was in full bloom!
  • We were on the 4/27 departure too, Nancy & Doug from SC...are you Sheryl from CA or TX ?

The wisteria was in full bloom as were so many other gorgeous spring flowers, roses too, lavender in front of the nearby museum down the road. Great time of year to visit, warm enough, not as many tourists as later in May etc. Our early arrival at Giverny had us thru the gates ahead of the many other visitors for about 15 minutes of prime viewing !
  • edited September 2014
    Although Mother Nature runs to her own timetable, regardless of the net, if you go to the web site for Giverny, you can find a handy, blooming calendar.

Cheers,

Jan
  • CA Sheryl here, Nancy/Doug. How are you!? For those yet to travel on this Tauck Tour, the trip to Giverny is very special. I mean, I got a bit weak in the knees to see it in full bloom, and so absolutely beautiful. A riot of color.
  • We're fine ! You ? Have booked next for April Romantic Rhine for a week & will start Basel, end Ams & do a pre few days somewhere & elsewhere after. Rendezvous on Seine great trip ! Friends now on 1st Tauck French Waterways which we did 2 yrs ago.
    Nancy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file