Options

Small Group Buses

Does Tauck always use the 44 seat buses for small group tours ? Or do they use smaller buses ? Am traveling Italy in Sept. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    kcfromkc wrote:
    Does Tauck always use the 44 seat buses for small group tours ? Or do they use smaller buses ? Am traveling Italy in Sept. Thanks for any info.

I am not sure, but think I may have heard they use smaller buses, at least on a few occasions, during the Classic Italy, Small Group tour, but for England, Scotland, Wales and the Ultimate Alps and Dolomites small group tours, they used the regular, full- size, buses, the same ones used by the regular tours which average 40 travelers. We rode in 2 - 3 smaller vans on a short side trip from Davos, in the Swiss Alps to three small villages high in the mountains.

By the way, the Tauck buses are some of the newest and the best looking tour buses in Europe! The drivers were truly incredible- they effortlessly negotiated the narrowest roads (little more than one lane) in rural UK and the narrowest roads and tightest switchbacks climbing the Alps and Dolomites!!

Photo stop at the 8200' Hoctor pass along the High Alpine Road. The 12,460' Grossglocker Peak is hiding in the clouds in the background.

IMG_07221.JPG

• Options
    Thanks so much for the reply Alan. The trip I am taking is Bellisima Northern Italy.
  • Options
    Anyone else been on small group tours in Italy ?