vietnam, cambodia, thailand Jan 30, 2015

HI all,

We are booked on this trip and arriving in Hanoi on Jan28. We plan to take the overnight trip to Halong Bay on Jan 29 and return about 3 PM in time for the welcome dinner on Jan 30. Anyone else interested? Sherry

Comments

• We are also looking at Jan. 30 trip and taking the Ha Long cruise but want to go on the 28-29th so we aren't rushed at the beginning of the trip. Anyone else considering this option? To go this far and not add Ha Long seems a shame…
  • Nancy wrote:
    We are also looking at Jan. 30 trip and taking the Ha Long cruise but want to go on the 28-29th so we aren't rushed at the beginning of the trip. Anyone else considering this option? To go this far and not add Ha Long seems a shame…

Hi Nancy,

Our flight on arrives (from California) at about 9 PM ON January 28, so we will have a chance for a good nights sleep in the Metropole Hotel and ample opportunity to make the 8:30 AM shuttle bus pickup for the one night Halong Bay excursion.(Jan 29-30)

It's a 3+ hour bus ride, so if necessary we can sleep along the way. I expect the boatride to be mostly relaxing so although I don't plan to sleep while cruising, I can. Also, that night on the boat should be restful after dinner. I don't think there are any excusions from the boat the next morning because checkout is about 10:30. The long trip back to Hanoi arrives back at the hotel about 2-3 PM, in enough time to rest and dress for Tauck's evening welcome party or take a short walk around Hanoi.

Would love to have you join us. If we can get a small group together it may be possible to take advantage of the private van for transportation and split the cost. We have booked the tour on the Bhaya Princess which was suggested by a former Tauck TD whom we met on our China trip several years ago.

In any case, looking forward to meeting you on our trip. You can email me at sschare@aol.com.

Shescha( Sherry)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file