Extra Day in London

Hi! We are staying an extra day after our England Scotland and Wales trip ends. We are planning to take the Chunnel to go to Paris for the day. Has anyone else done this? We realize it's going to be a long day however believe it to be doable. Can anyone suggest a good tour company for the day? I see their are several to choose from but would love some suggestions!

Thanks!

Sue

Comments

• I just cannot see it is worth doing Paris for a day, I think it is crazy!
  • Hi Alohasusie,

I agree with British.
    Yes, it is doable, but it really isn't the best way to spend your day.
    You will spend two hours each way on the train and that doesn't include the time it takes to get to St. Pancras station, the pre-train wait, time looking for a taxi in Paris and so on.
    There is so much to see in Paris, it should be a separate trip...and for that matter, you could spend two weeks in London and not see everything there is to see and do. For my money, enjoy the extra day in London. There is so much to do in London. It is a fabulous city to be a tourist in.
    John
  • If you must go to Paris for a day, you can do a city tour on the hop-on, hop-off bus; 14 stops in all. Go to Viator.com and look up Paris tours.
  • edited July 2014
    I strongly suggest that you consider saving Paris for another trip. Half a day (by the time you do your Chunnel trip) is not nearly enough time. If you must go to Paris, be sure to book your train tickets well in advance. The trains are all reserved seats and do fill up. raileurope.com is the best place to do this (or use your travel agent).

By the way, security is tighter on the Chunnel trains than other trains. So you have to show up early to clear security. Be sure to factor that into your plans.

So much to see and do in London, instead. My favorite is to take the boat ride down to Greenwich. If you've done London, a day trip in England makes more sense that Paris. Consider visiting Portsmouth or Brighton, instead.

Happy travels!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file