Venice Florence Rome (Sept 10th)

Anyone going the week of Sept 10th?

Comments

• Yes, yes! Looking forward to great weather!
  • Yes! I hope the weather will be perfect
    This will be our first time there
    Have you been before?
  • edited August 2014
    My wife and I are going on the Venice ,Florence and Rome tour but according to my calculations it begins September 14,2014. Is this the same tour you are on or a different one ?
    We are Ted age 66 ,dentist,and Terry 63,retired English teacher,from Middletown NJ
    This will be our first Tauck tour.
    Sept. 2015 we are doing a Tauck Danube river criuse.
    Most of our recent vacations have been Celebrity cruises,over 35 with four trips to my favorite spot the Galapagos.
  • There are tours on both dates
  • On the Sept 10th tour to Venice, Florence and Rome. Is anyone extending their trip? We are adding several days to travel to Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, etc
  • My husband & I took this tour in April 2013 & arrived in Venice by rail from Stresa on Lake Maggiore. During some free time we toured the opera house which is just acroos from Antica Martini...gorgeous restoration. No time for concert that night since we'd booked/paid in advance for a Vivaldi concert at different venue. Wonderful trip week & quite warm, we followed the week by staying in a rented apartment in Todi, Umbria, and toured the countryside towns & cantinas.
  • edited August 2014
    We were on this wonderful tour/cruise in April 2014 so we had coats on most days. I bought a new small Coach bag that I could use cross body under or over my coat, a smaller bag than used last year, but it held my phone, ID's, a credit card, some Euros all in a small zippered bag the sized of a 3X5 index card, lipstick, kleenex pack, AND a very small Tote brand umbrella. And passport if I needed to show it somewhere. Also a small notebook & pen. When we were out at night the bag went under my coat. Husband had his wallet in front pocket of trousers, this was our 8th time in Paris together, never a problem in any of the arr's we've stayed in. Just as you would be where you live and shop, so too you must be the world over, so be aware of where you are at all times. I try to wear something bright that should we be separated, my husband knows the color to look for in the crowd...think Versailles once you are there ! I also carried another zippered Coach bag that folded up into a pouch, undone it was a good sized tote that could drop from my shoulder or hands, held a map or two, guidebook I brought, my notebook, bottled water, and anything bought along the way...very little..

AND this is very important for everyone who travels. Make a copy of your info page in your passport, put your spouse's on it too..just fold passport back so you get both on 1 page...make a copy for each of you to carry elsewhere than where the real passport is, leave a copy with someone at home who you can contact in the event you should lose your passport/s. It is far easier to replace in a foreign land should you lose your passport. And let your credit card companies know where you are travelling & for how long.

Bubblewrap, several sheets always make it into my checked luggage...we take 1 wheeled Delsey, 1 carry on sized same brand with change of clothes, meds, and anything else we might need should the big bag go astray. This way we each have a half of each bag. This has worked for us on 3 Tauck trips with pre & post touring elsewhere. This is our system & it works for us unlike a friend who recently had all luggage go astray en route to Paris on different airline than ours. ALSO put in a card with your name, destination & hotel name & phone number, remember to do the same for return flight with your home address.

At hotels, for when you are on your own this is especially helpful for newbies...ask for the hotel card so that you can show to taxi driver where you are staying if you don't speak the language. Also ask for the city map !

Happy & safe travels !
  • Drfun48 wrote:
    My wife and I are going on the Venice ,Florence and Rome tour but according to my calculations it begins September 14,2014. Is this the same tour you are on or a different one ?
    We are Ted age 66 ,dentist,and Terry 63,retired English teacher,from Middletown NJ
    This will be our first Tauck tour.
    Sept. 2015 we are doing a Tauck Danube river criuse.
    Most of our recent vacations have been Celebrity cruises,over 35 with four trips to my favorite spot the Galapagos.
  • My wife and I are on the Sept 14 tour as well. We are from California but I grew up in Philadelphia.
    I am Jerry, retired from hi tech and avid fly fisherman. My wife is Adrienne also retired, avid reader, knitter
    and is 1st generation Italian American. We are arriving in Venice on Sept 11
  • Hi, anyone going May 23-31 2015? Joe & Kerri from Colorado.
  • My husband & I are taking that tour. We are Chris &Steve from Fairfield,Ct. We will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.
  • My wife and I are going on the September 20th trip. Anyone taking that trip?
  • My husband and I and our 2 daughters are taking the July 5 tour. We are Janet and Jeff Neal traveling with Alexandra and Jennifer Neal. We love Tauck tours and are looking forward to a great trip. Is anyone on this tour?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file