Options

Classic Italy Tour June 2-June 15

I'm really looking forward to this trip. We are coming in a day early and leaving a day later. Is anyone doing the same?
What are some of the site to see when you get to Sorento?
Connie

Comments

• Options
    You can take the JetBoat to Capri and walk around the shops near the hotel. I suggest getting Rick Steves Italy book to get suggestions. If you have an Iphone or Ipod or Ipad can download it to the phone if you do digital. Was great to always have it will me to be able to look up a nearby restaurant.

I also download the Rick Steves app to my Ipod so I could use it to find out what I was seeing.
  • Options
    My husband and I went on the Classic Italy tour inMay, 2013. We arrived in Sorrento two days early. You must be sure to go to Capri. Take the funicular to the area where the shops are. The Garden of Augustus is a must because of the beautiful flowers and the views of the coast, the cliffs and the famous Faraglioni rocks. We took a boat ride around the isle with a company calked Capri Whales. It was a highlight of the trip. Check them out on TripAdvisor and you will see wonderful reviews. In Sorrento, we ate pizza at the Pizzeria Da Franco, which is recommended in Rick Steve's guidebook, and really enjoyed the food and the casual atmosphere. On your extra day in Venice, consider taking the vaporetto to Murano or Burano, or both. We went to both in one day and it is well worth it! I could go on and on about this tour. It is truly a trip of a lifetime. I could offer other suggestions for what to do when you have free time if you are interested. You can email me at rlph1967@aol.com if you like.
  • Options
    If you are interested in the Roman Forum ask the TD day of Collosiuem and can get dropped off and do for free on the combo ticket. Bunch of us did it--we used the ticket to get in and went our separate ways once we got there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file