Air info for Grand Australia and New Zealand Tour

Booked via my TA all Air New Zealand routing from JFK. Wanted to brake up the return trip home so staying in Fiji a number of nights. Their partner, Fiji Air flys non stopfrom there to LAX.

Comments

• See, isn't lateral thinking, geographically speaking, wonderful? Lots of possibilities. I hope you are exploring a lot of Northland in New Zealand before you leave Auckland? So much to see and do there. And it all looks (and tastes) gorgeous!

Cheers,

Jan

• I am planning on this trip for 2015 and I will be booking my air fare with award miles. For the flight from Sydney to Wllington, can I book this portion with Tauck? or should I book it on my own. Would like to take the same flight the rest of the group is taking. Is it possible to obtain Airline, flight # and time of departure?
  • If you speak to the someone in the air Dept. at Tauck, they will give you the date of the Sydney-Wellington flight for your tour, as well as the flight number. We are booked on the Feb. 9th tour...For us the Sydney-Wellington Flight is on Feb. 19th and the flight number is 161 (with Qantas).
  • Hi Fernando,

Good question! With things like that, it depends a lot on the airline, and the points system involved. You should call our reservations department, and they will either know the answer, or can ask our air department for you.

You can reach reservations at 1-800-788-7885.

-Tim
  • fernando wrote:
    I am planning on this trip for 2015 and I will be booking my air fare with award miles. For the flight from Sydney to Wllington, can I book this portion with Tauck? or should I book it on my own. Would like to take the same flight the rest of the group is taking. Is it possible to obtain Airline, flight # and time of departure?

I booked it all on my own. Tauck can let you know what flight they use for that day, but if you don't get on it they will make arrangements to and from airport. We had several people take a Air New Zealand plane instead of Qantas.
  • We booked it on our own using miles (American Airlines). That flight together with the flights between the US and Aus/NZ were only 85K miles per person. Great deal.
  • edited April 2014
    There are two flights that you can use for the Sydney-Wellington leg. Both are the morning flights, one Qantas(AA partner) or Air New Zealand(United partner). Tauck uses both.
  • I am on this trip in October and also plan on spending some time in Fiji before returning. Have you made any plans yet for that trip. I would be interested in hearing about that, specifically if you are staying in Nadi or traveling to another island.
  • BMKEAC wrote:
    I am on this trip in October and also plan on spending some time in Fiji before returning. Have you made any plans yet for that trip. I would be interested in hearing about that, specifically if you are staying in Nadi or traveling to another island.

Staying in Denarau Island a few miles from Nadi. Starwoods have three properties there which share common grounds. We are at the Sheraton Villas. Thought that after three weeks of touring, would need a vacation! Planning to take a day trip to the outer islands. Air NZ has a early morning and late afternoon flight daily from Auckland. Flying Fiji air to LAX

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file