Belgium and Holland Northbound

Can I get suggestions for Delft or Rotterdam? Delft seems like a very beautiful small town, but the Museum in Rotterdam has most of our favorite artists. Thank you

Comments

• I am also interested in learning more. There are pages on travel sites and I wish we could go to both!
  • DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PRIVATE GUIDE THAT THEY WOULD RECOMMEND IN BRUGGES OR BRUGE AS I WILL BE GOING THERE A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE TAUCK TOUR- I AM ARRIVING SEVERAL DAYS EARLY IN BELGIUM

• pilotcouple - I took the Yuletide cruise last December. We could choose either the Delft factory tour or a walking food tour with some free time in Rotterdam. We chose Rotterdam and thoroughly enjoyed it although we did not have time to explore the museum. Enjoy your trip and please consider posting a review afterwards.

• gottago - I used Viator for Bruges and Ghent it was a great tour.

• When we were in Bruges we used Tours by Locals and the guides were very good. In addition we took a separate tour of the De Halve Mann brewery. Do the one with the tasting at the end. As far as Delft or Rotterdam, I have had the same question. We are going in 2025 and I have looked at a couple of options pre tour. One option we are considering is staying Delft and then taking the 15 minute train to Rotterdam one day and going the opposite direction the next day to The Hague.

• We also used With Locals in Bruges that was also very good

• I apologize for the caps on my previous post. I was using a computer that I was unfamiliar with. Someone told me caps is equalivalent to yelling so I am very sorry about that post.
    Ben Thank you for this information-I am assuming that I just type in Tours by Locals and see what info pops up-I like to speak with a person to book tours as opposed to doing it on the internet as I am technologically challenged.

• gottago - My suggestion would be to contact your hotel's concierge via e-mail prior to your trip to see what she/he can offer, as opposed to attempting to use the internet. This has always been my preference.

You have no need to apologize for the capitalization. As someone who recently had eye surgery, I can appreciate how there is usually a very valid reason for using capitalized letters.

• kfnknfzk-thank you for your advice-I contacted the conciege -just have not heard back yet-thought that fellow travelers may have some good information

• Goolagong, you say you can’t walk far, but are considering train travel, I’m confused.

• There are three train stations in Brussels. Central is closest to the hotel (3 blocks) and not large in size but does have numerous steps. Midi is large and if you have trouble walking it will be an issue. The train ride itself is not an issue. You would need to take a cab or uber to the town center with is primarily a ped zone with cobbles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file