Money Conversion

We will be going on the July 26 tour of Warsaw, etc. Curious if we need to convert money, or if the Euro and CC are adequate. Thanks

Comments

• I took this trip last year. You will probably need some local money other than Euro. I think Hungary was mainly where I used it. The best option is to withdraw money from an ATM after you get there if you have an account that does not charge fees, or get some from your bank before you go. If you have leftover money, you'll get the best exchange rate if you bring it back home and take it to the bank to exchange back into US dollars.
  • Hi Bee Dee,

It might be a good idea to have some local money other than the Euro with you. You can always visit one of the many currency exchange facilities at the airport, use an ATM, or exchange currency at any of the hotels on the itinerary.

In Austria, where the official currency is the Euro, major credit cards are widely accepted, and ATMs are found at most tourist venues. In those countries which do not use or have not switched over to the Euro -- Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic -- credit cards are also widely accepted, and ATMs are also found at most tourist venues. Sometimes Euros are accepted in Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic, but it is always a good idea to have the local currency with you as well.

The official currency of each country is:
    · Poland - Polish Zloty (PLN)
    · Hungary - Hungarian Forint (HUF)
    · Austria and the Slovak Republic - Euro (EUR)
    · Czech Republic - Czech Koruna (CZK)

I hope this helps!

-Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file