Spotlight on India Feb 26, 2014 - early arrival

Hello. We are coming in a day early and are wondering if anyone else is doing the same thing.
(Lufthansa #760. Arrival in Delhi on Wed Feb 26 at 1:20 AM.)

Comments

• Have a great time on your tour. If you don't find anyone else going in early, ask the Concierge to arrange a guide to take you to any site which you won't cover in your brief time in Delhi. The Italian restaurant in the lobby is fab -- we ate there two times while we stayed there.

Sheila
  • edited February 2014
    we are also coming in early on Feb. 26 ( about 1:30 am - British Airways ). Assuming we feel up to it, we would love to begin our sightseeing that afternoon. FYI, we are from Lake Worth Fl. and spend or summers n Mass.
  • We are on the tour in India right now. We arrived 2 days early on the same flight you will be taking. It was 3am by the time we got to the hotel and 4am before we got to bed. We awoke at 11-20 am. We chilled out and did little that day, checked out the hotel. The next day we had a couples massage and a private cooking lesson with the hotel chef which was fabulous. We swam in the pool the next day before the welcome dinner and were in good shape. Others were not, some had flown in one day before, some in the early hours. If you have never been to India before you will not understand until you see it that it is best to have your first trip out when the tour begins. You will see all the important sites with your time in Delhi, there is really no need to do anything on your own beforehand.my best advice would be to see how you feel when you arrive before you plan anything. Jet lag usually takes about 3 days to get over, believe me I have flown over the Atlantic too many times from the US to know this. This is a very busy tour with lots of very early starts, but it is fantastic.
  • bobgailw wrote:
    we are also coming in early on Feb. 26 ( about 1:30 am - British Airways ). Assuming we feel up to it, we would love to begin our sightseeing that afternoon. FYI, we are from Lake Worth Fl. and spend or summers n Mass.

Hello Bob and Gail;
    We may not be in shape to go sightseeing in the afternoon but would like to get together perhaps for
    dinner that day. We are from Toronto, Canada. David (David07) and Lorraine (LorraineD).
  • edited February 2014
  • I like British's idea - not to plan anything until we see how we feel.. Looking forward to meeting you - I wish more people on our tour would use the forums!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file