Options

June 12 Tour

According the Availability listing, the June 12 Ultimate Alps & Dolomites small group departure is now full.

We depart Atlanta on Delta on the 10th and arrive in Munich on the 11th. We plan to chill for the remainder of the day, then take a Segway tour of the city the next day, before the welcome dinner.

So, who will be joining us- Alan & Kathy Schaffter from Washington, NC- on this trip.

2/1 Update- looks like some open spots now

Comments

• Options
    Hello..
    My husband and I will be joining you on the June 12th small group tour to the Alps and the Dolomoites. We too, will be arriving on the 11th and as yet, have not made plans for that day or the 12th. Perhaps we will look into the Segway tour.

We are very excited about this upcoming trip and we are counting the days until June.

Kate and Paul Shattuck
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Am I getting excited? You betcha!!

Here is a screen capture of the travel corner of the quick link homepage I built for the internet browser on my computer- all the necessary stuff! :-) . The count-down timer continuously updates and time gizmos flash between time and temp, and provide a link to the full weather forecast for each location

homepage_capture.jpg
  • Options
    Some people are just too clever for their own good, Alan! ;))) That makes it, what … 50 sleeps to get used to Celsius? You'll be experts by the time you get there! :))))

Cheers,

Jan

• Options
    edited April 2014
    jdurkin wrote:
    Some people are just too clever for their own good, Alan! ;))) That makes it, what … 50 sleeps to get used to Celsius? You'll be experts by the time you get there! :))))

Cheers,

Jan

Well it was pretty nippy on the Zugspitze this morning- low 20's, or I guess I should say a few degrees below C!!

The only problem with a countdown timer, though it gives one something to look forward to, a large number can be a bit depressing when the date is so distant like our Tauck Safari next June: :(

countdowntoafrica.jpg

• Options
    Oh, I love it! Just what the addicted traveller needs.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    AlanS,

So very cool!

Best,
    Emily
  • Options
    AlanS,

You have to program and distribute a mobile app where a user can input their Tauck tour stops and dates! I'd pay for an app like that!
  • Options
    rabo wrote:
    AlanS,

You have to program and distribute a mobile app where a user can input their Tauck tour stops and dates! I'd pay for an app like that!

I am an inventor (woodworking stuff), but whenever possible, I try to use what is already available, especially when it is free. I got the free countdown timer online from Timeanddate dot com. You can see what your timer will look like as you build it (text, font, color, event date, etc.) on their website. When done, you copy and paste the html code into your website, etc. They also have an app for the iPad and iPhone, but I'm not sure how it works or whether it is available for other brands of smart phones. I also got the free time/time (that also have links to full weather) gizmos online from Weatherunderground. You select the location and style of gizmo, then copy and paste the html. They also have apps for smart phones.

For Tauck Emily
    - as I was building this feature into my home webpage and went looking for a Tauck logo, I thought wouldn't it be a great idea if Tauck sold a little lapel pin- a circular pin with green Tauck compass rose on it. It could also have text around the periphery- from a simple, "Tauck Traveler" to the more elaborate, "How you see the world matters" though the second one would require a bigger pin and/or smaller text. Tauck travelers could wear it so they would be recognized as such by other Tauck travelers in Airports, etc. What do you think? The company could supply Tauck headquarter's and field staff with the same or special pins.

tauck_logo.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Emily: I think you need to put this guy on a retainer.

Alan: The pin would be much more fun than a funny handshake! :)))))

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Hi AlanS,

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will pass this along to our Tour Management teams to get their thoughts on this. I personally think it's a great idea!

Best,
    Emily

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file