Options

Visa for Brazil

Hi, Trixie,

You are right to be concerned and need to pressure Pinnacle to work this issue. Unfortunately they may be at the mercy of the consulate.

There were some threads on Cruise Critic that indicated that a number of people were having difficulty in getting Brazilian Visas through Pinnacle in a timely manner. It appears that the Miami consulate, in particular, has been slow recently in providing visas to Pinnacle and since you live in Florida, Pinnacle would apparently need to work with that consulate. Some people missed a pre-cruise add-on to Iguazu Falls when their visas did not arrive in time.

It appears that I can't post the link to the threads on this forum, but you can search on Cruise Critic in the forum for Crystal Cruises for "Brazil Visas" and "Visas for 3230 Mia to Rio". There are some suggestions of people to call at Pinnacle.

Did Tauck suggest that you use Pinnacle? If so, they may be able to put pressure on Pinnacle to supplement your own efforts.

I have been following this issue, because I hope to go to Brazil in 2016 and am concerned about the process for getting the Brazilian visa.

I hope your visas turn up quickly so that you can relax and enjoy your trip.

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday we received our Brazil Visas from Pinnacle ( Tauck's Referral) via FedEx.

We sent our application docs to Pinnacle via FedEx on January 8th....paying almost $600 for Visas for my wife and I.

I STRONGLY RECCOMMEND TAUCK REQUIRE PINNACLE TO SEND VISAS VIA EARLY MORNING DELIVERY (BY 10AM TO RESIDENCES), SINCE THE DELIVERY REQUIRES A SIGNATUE........ I WAS FORCED TO WAIT AT HOME UNTIL 2PM BEFORE FEDEX MADE THE DELIVERY. THIS UPGRADED FED EX SERVICE COSTS ABOUT $5...........

THE COACH
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I advise starting this process as early as possible. We thought that we had started early but did not receive our Brazilian visas ( and passports) until a few hours before our flight was to depart. However, as I discovered traveling to India last year, consulates may prioritize processing by departure date rather than by date of receipt. You may wish to consider this when filling out the departure date on the application.
  • Options
    We are going on This trip March 17-31st
    We applied on our own directly to Brazil Embassy in Wash DC( because we live in Virginia)
    No problems. within 10 days we got our visa. Cost was $360 for visa plus postage for two passengers.
    If you follow all instructions it is very straight forward. Don't know how this works if you live in a different state.
  • Options
    We aren't leaving on this trip until Sept. but sent away for the Brazilian visa via Pinnacle. Received them today. Took about 5 or 6 weeks. They didn't let us know they were on the way. Luckily my husband was home, as it required a signature. No worries. It all worked out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file