Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Red Rocks & Painted Canyons Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Red Rocks & Painted Canyons Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    We are scheduled to take the red rocks any painted canyons trip with our 2 children in early July 2011. Any suggestions from previous travelers?
  • Options
    We just booked the early July tour as well. We have a daughter, who's 11. We've never traveled on a group tour before and are hoping it doesn't disappoint. (We actually have traveled with a tour group previously, but it wasn't with Tauck - it was amazing.) Where do you live? We're from Florida.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi, We are scheduled for trip beginning on July 2nd. We traveled with another large tour company 3 years ago and loved our experience. After doing alot of research, and hearing great stories about the Tauck Tours we decided to give it a try. After viewing the small video on the red rocks/painted canyons page we figured we could not go wrong. We have added the monument flight to our day 4 and think that will be a highlight to the tour. We live in Long Island. Where are you in Fl? Shirl
  • Options
    Hi. We live in Central Florida, but, both my husband and I, are from Long Island. Where do you live? What is the Monument flight? to Mt. Rushmore? Is that an option? I don't know anything about it, but please tell me. Thanks!
  • Options
    The optional monument valley excursions is on pg 48 of the brochure. The trip takes you thru the canyons of lake powell, you land in the canyon and then are met by a navajo guide who takes you thru the canyon. I think it is a 4 hour excursion. Look at the website for more info. Did you view the short video? On the video you will see the details of the trip. You can see it thru this webite and it is also on You-tube. What is the date of your travel? We are in Commack
  • Options
    may be way too late but we will be on the july 8th tour with a 12 yo son.
    the monument valley tour is an optional air tour of the monument valley (If you like old western movies you have seen it, especially if you like John Ford westerns) We love old movies and we are taking the tour.

If you are in the group leaving on the 8th we will see you in Pheonix
  • Options
    Just joined the tour starting in Phoenix on July 1st. Taking our 9 year old grandson along. I can't wait to see the National Parks through his eyes. I understand that most of the children, if not all, on this tour are boys. Are we all ready for that? Also, planning an early evening fishing trip at Lake Powell. If you are interested in that, let me know. We might be able to add some folks.
This discussion has been closed.