Options

Zambia, Royal Livingston

Hello fellow travelers:/
arriving in Zambia, Royal Livingston
Myself and a friend have booked the Botswana trip for August 2014. We plan on arriving Friday night so we can have Saturday and Sunday to explore. I understand the tour starts on Sunday night so we hope to do a few extra things. One thing that this trip does not offer is a visit to the Elephant Sanctuary. I know on the So Africa Elegant tour they visit this. Has anyone done this on a previous tour and think it is great. ? We also see where the hotel has plenty of activities to do such as a Rhino safari and a day trip to the Chobe National Reserve. Any comments would be helpful. We want to get the most out of our time there.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Chobe is really worth it! great boat ride and lunch as you see the animals by water.....rhino thing sounds fun but did not do that....falls are incredible! crossing the bridge and view from the other side. just got back from the same trip but we started in cape town and finished after Kalahari desert! Take clothes for 38 degree low as its on the cold side, at night in the jeep with wind etc.....i worn a sock hat , gloves, scarf. and boy was my husband happy to have those items! no issues with packing the 33 lbs....no issues as you can wear shorts by day, and bundle up at night! Did not use pool as did not have time!

have a great time!
  • Options
    Thanks Jo Jo for your feed back:
    I just booked the extra day trips thru Falcon Safaris. The Royal Hotel in Zambia had then listed for activities. We booked for Saturday the full day Chobe Reserve safari. As you said ,all the reviews are wonderful with the boat ride etc. For Sunday morning we booked the elephant safari where you ride the elephants along the trails. I went to East Africa with Tauck and just loved it. I needed a little more Africa to satisfy myself. I am looking forward to this adventure .
    Thanks for the tips on packing.
    PS I never use the pools as we travel ...too much to see!!!
    Warm regards
This discussion has been closed.